Winslow Investment Research Analyst, Healthcare
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- $206,300/yr. - $343,800/yr. plus compensation
- 01 Mar 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- CFA Charterholder
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Winslow Investment Research Analyst, Healthcare
Winslow Capital is a leading active growth manager with approximately $25 billion under management in public and private growth equities. Our firm has been investing in transformational growth companies since 1992. We have the stature, assets, resources, experience, and expertise to find and understand growth companies across sectors and around the world. Winslow Capital is an independent investment affiliate of Nuveen. For more information, please visit our website at www.winslowcapital.com.
At Winslow Capital, Nuveen’s “Growth Center of Excellence,” this investment professional will join our dedicated, results-driven team in delivering successful client outcomes. We are seeking a healthcare investment analyst to assist the strategy’s portfolio managers and other team members in sourcing and analyzing investment opportunities and managing current investments. We are also looking to build the next generation of leadership in our firm; the candidate could have a long-term opportunity to become a portfolio manager.
As an investment analyst, you will collect and interpret company data to facilitate recommendations and maintain up-to-date knowledge of healthcare sector happenings and current events and conduct primary research from industry sources. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills with leadership potential. This position is located in Minneapolis.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a mosaic view of the attractiveness of the Healthcare sector for generating growth and returns versus other sectors.
- Assess secular trends and shifts among the heterogeneous group of industries within the Healthcare sector (ie, spanning all services, products, IT, etc.) to identify the industries with the most and least favorable growth and return dynamics.
- Assess the fundamentals of current and prospective holdings utilizing company and industry data, third-party research, interviews with industry sources, and in-depth Porter 5-forces analyses.
- Source new investment ideas within the Healthcare sector via 1) dynamic sector analysis as previously described, 2) idiosyncratic fundamental work such as break-through medical treatments or disintermediating technologies, and 3) Winslow Science screening.
- Assess the sustainability of current and prospective holdings from an ESG perspective.
- Develop valuation analyses and buy/sell price targets on current and prospective holdings.
- Advise the portfolio managers on the proper weight within the portfolio for the Healthcare sector broadly and the individual holdings specifically.
- Represent Winslow with professionalism, knowledge and integrity via regular interaction with management teams of current and prospective holdings, industry experts and the sell-side. This includes travel to important broker conferences and to meet with management teams.
- Support Winslow’s Client Services team through direct interactions with consultants and clients and by providing substantial written communications regarding the Healthcare holdings of the portfolio.
- Advise the portfolio managers on how to represent the best interests of our clients on all shareholder votes.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
3+ years of experience in investment banking, sell side or buy side, or venture capital
5+ years of experience in investment banking, sell side or buy side, or venture capital
2+ years’ experience in healthcare sector
Advanced degrees (e.g. MBA) and/or professional designations (e.g. CFA)
Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Financial modeling expertise
Valuation modeling expertise
FactSet and/or Bloomberg experience
Base Pay Range: $206,300/yr. - $343,800/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here.
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here.
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.