- Port Capital LLC
- Chicago, Illinois
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 13 Feb 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Who We Are
A fundamental, concentrated, long only asset management firm located in Chicago.
We are a nearly $2 billion US public equity investment firm with two low turnover strategies with exceptional long-term performance.
Who You Are
An entrepreneurial, talented, and passionate individual who is looking for the opportunity to join our research team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working autonomously and possesses a genuine interest in company research and analysis, as well as a strong desire to contribute to our unique research process.
The Research Associate will be a member of a small, and highly interactive research team focused on identifying and monitoring investments for the firm’s investment portfolios.
In this role you will support the research team in ongoing research activities as well as performing in-depth company analysis.
Travel is required in order to conduct due diligence.
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Passion for investing and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Experience with financial modeling, analysis, and review of financial statements
- Proficiency in accounting and/or finance
- Ability to communicate complex business attributes and characteristics as well as key points clearly and efficiently
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of the research team
- Ability to think independently and have a contrarian mindset
- Proficiency with Bloomberg, FactSet, and other data applications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Recent graduate with 1-3 years of relevant research or financial services experience
Please email your resume and a 1-2 page written example which highlights either your investment philosophy or a personal passion to firstname.lastname@example.org