- Covenant Trust
- Chicago, Illinois
- This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
- 03 Feb 2023
- 05 Mar 2023
- Job Function
- C-Suite Level Management, Wealth Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
KEES has been exclusively retained by Covenant Trust in its search for a President.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President is the executive leader of Covenant Trust and is responsible for the formulation, presentation, and implementation of strategies, plans, and policies necessary to carry out Covenant Trust’s mission statement and guide the company into its next season. The President is the driver of strategy, the guardian of shared values, the coalescer of the team (staff, Board, and Owners), and the one to balance both long-term historical relationships and future-evolving, new partnerships. Critical to Covenant Trust’s future will be to maintain profitable operations to ensure viability and vibrancy for the future.
Covenant Trust seeks an empathetic, inspirational, and strategically focused leader to engage multiple audiences of staff, clients, ECC-related partners, and the broader church-wide constituency to provide services and options for financial services and trusts that support shared values. The next President will take a people-first approach, ensuring that all who wish to work with the Covenant Trust team are connected and served. While a strategic business approach is imperative, the President will also embody a versatile set of skills and a “roll up your sleeves” mentality, noting that, when the situation arises, the President may jump into client conversations or business operations. A strong communicator who can engage a wide audience comprised of multiple stakeholders will excel in this role.
Some specific requirements include:
- Committed to an active Christian faith life; ability to fully support the mission and principles of the Covenant; agreement to become a member (in good standing) of a Covenant Church, if not currently one.
- Ability to translate strategic direction into operational results and vice versa while maintaining flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing financial services environment.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry oriented towards the highest levels of internal/external client satisfaction with high net-worth individuals focused on trusts, investment management, legacy planning, financial planning techniques, planned giving, and risk management.
- Analyze and synthesize data, identify trends, and translate them into insightful analysis to equip the Board and Covenant Trust leaders to make key decisions, along with the ability to relay complex information understandably.
- 8+ years of leadership-level experience in a complex product/service focused organization or corporation, preferably the financial services industry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field is required. Advanced education and certifications preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://bit.ly/CovCovenant-Trust-Company_President
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President and CEO, and Megan Taylor, Project Coordinator of KEES. Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES (formerly Alford Executive Search) is a nonprofit executive search firm that builds diverse teams with dynamic leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors. A woman-owned and operated firm, KEES offers a full array of nonprofit consulting services including executive search, leadership development, interim staffing, and HR support. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
Covenant Trust Company (Covenant Trust) is a boutique, values guided financial services and trust company, wholly owned by three not-for-profit entities. Covenant Trust was chartered in 1989 by the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC), Covenant Ministries of Benevolence (CMB), and North Park University (North Park) with a purpose to offer and promote principled and values-based financial services. As a non-depository Illinois trust company that provides trustee services and asset management, Covenant Trust holds over 4,100 accounts and currently has approximately $1 billion in Assets Under Management (AUM) and another $1 billion under trust or custody in its care. Covenant Trust began as a service to members of the Covenant Church while at the same time supporting ministries of the ECC. Covenant Trust has tripled in AUM (a key industry differentiator) since 2010 and moved from ownership subsidy to profitability. Covenant Trust provides its constituents, both individual and institutional investors, with unparalleled resources and experience in managing their financial investments and is a key vehicle for helping people provide for the future of their families and the ministries they love through legacy giving and values-based investing. To learn more, please visit covenanttrust.com.