Experienced Consultant, Corporate Finance
- Bates White
- Washington D.C.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- 31 Jan 2023
- 02 Mar 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Experienced Consultant, Corporate Finance
Bates White is a boutique consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Recognized as a top workplace, the firm provides advanced economic, financial, and econometric analysis to law firms, companies, and government agencies.
Through our supportive, collaborative, and collegial culture, we invest in our talent and provide opportunities for career advancement. We are proud to consistently be ranked among the top firms in the Vault Guide to the Top 50 Consulting Firms and named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post for the past seven years.
If you are looking for a place to do high-quality work and have fun along the way, read below to discover how you can be part of our team. Learn more about the Consultant experience here: https://www.bateswhite.com/careers-clientservices_bachelorsandmasters.html
What you’ll do
We are seeking experienced candidates to fill immediate Consultant openings in our Finance Practice in our Washington, DC office. The practice provides consulting and expert opinions that rely on rigorous financial analysis, with a focus on hedge funds, private equity, and bankruptcy and restructuring. It includes working with government regulators such as the SEC and DOJ. Depending on your experience, you would join as a Consultant II, Senior Consultant, or Managing Consultant, and contribute to all aspects of a project, from inception to completion. As a Consultant, you will:
- Develop rigorous financial analyses, including but not limited to financial modeling, valuation of businesses and investments, credit and solvency analysis, and asset tracing.
- Work with financial databases (Capital IQ and Bloomberg), spreadsheets, and other tools to analyze data and other information, and create economic and financial models. You will be trained to use other tools (R and Stata) to analyze larger datasets.
- Conduct research, synthesize facts, communicate with experts and clients, and prepare presentations, memorandums, and expert reports.
- Contribute to thought leadership and analyses.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues at all levels and backgrounds, from fellow Consultants to PhD Economists, Partners, and Experts.
- Actively engage in the Bates White community by participating in mentoring, recruiting, training sessions, philanthropic events, and other initiatives.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Undergraduate degree required; academic training in economics, finance, accounting, or other quantitative fields preferred
- CFA, CPA, MBA, or Master’s degree in Finance or accounting preferred
- 2-8 years’ experience in a professional services environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excel and PowerPoint expertise required
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in working in a team-oriented environment
What you can expect from us
We are committed to providing an exceptional employee experience. You can expect:
- Competitive compensation and benefits including flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement up to $50,000, low healthcare premiums, and much more
- Hybrid work environment with three coordinated in-office days/week
- Open culture where your voice is heard, your input is sought, and your contributions are rewarded
- Fun and engaging culture including frequent social events
- Amenities including standing desks, fitness center, rooftop terrace, espresso, fresh fruit, pool table, and ping pong
- Employee-driven community outreach featuring fundraising events (e.g., trivia, game shows, cooking competitions, etc.), volunteer opportunities, and matching funds along with our pro bono program
- Investment in your career through training programs, an assigned mentor and peer coach, and frequent feedback
- Networking opportunities through employee interest groups, Women’s Network, International Network, Diversity-Inclusion Council, and lunches with leadership
To apply, submit your application here. Please be sure to include your cover letter, resume, and transcript.
Bates White is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at (202) 408-6110 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the Know your Rights Poster for more information.