Portfolio Manager, Real Estate - Asset Mgmt.
- Finance Network
- New York, USA
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- 31 Jan 2023
- 25 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Originate, negotiate, and structure the firm's real estate investments with the goal of generating benchmark out-performance (alpha), within acceptable risk tolerance.
- Actively manage existing investments by working with and challenging equity partners and fund managers, serving on (advisory) boards of investee businesses and funds, and, analyzing and monitoring general real estate as well as related capital market conditions.
- Contribute to critical reviews of investments managed by other portfolio managers to ensure that the investments are being effectively monitored and that asset returns are being maximized based upon the agreed investment objectives.
- Manage investment risk and the investment disposition process for value maximization.
- Partner with back office in maintaining up-to-date and complete performance data for portfolio investments.
- Attend industry conferences and participate on panels to facilitate information flow and investment opportunities.
- Explore and expand the network of other major institutional investors, industry partners, investment advisers, and fund managers to develop investment opportunities and best practices for infrastructure investing activities.
- Manage and mentor Real Estate Analysts.
- Otherwise fulfill PM obligations under the Investment Process and Investment Management Process.
- Assist Head of Real Estate in preparing board presentations and formulating investment strategy and policies, including fund characteristics of the Americas portfolio.
- Contribute to the on-going portfolio construction research with a view of updating capital allocation targets (top-down) and proactively identifying relevant market trends and developments (bottom-up).
- 5 - 10+ years of real estate experience within the asset management and / or investment banking industry.
- Generalist mindset with strong analytical skills and ability to act in an entrepreneurial setting decisively, yet in a disciplined manner.
- University degree in real estate, economics or business studies. MBA and/or CFA would be an asset.