Credit Manager (Policy)
- Lisbon (PT)
- to be defined
- 27 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Sobre a vaga
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 25+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About The Role
The credit department at Revolut is anything but ordinary. They design, develop and launch credit products across the globe 🌏 The team manages our products from day one to the end - developing the back and front-end, the data science infrastructure, and then creating a local setup in each country with scalable risk management and portfolio management solutions. It's a big old job, but our people are a Credit to us all ✨
As a Credit Manager, you'll be responsible for designing credit risk policies, procedures and strategies for Revolut’s retail lending products ⏰ This is a new-ish product in our portfolio, and as that book grows you'll be managing validation of the underwriting strategy, as well as leading the charge for preventative and reactive actions to the market and product offering 🚀
Up for the challenge? Let's get in touch 👇
What You’ll Be Doing
- Experience in developing account level valuation frameworks to develop underwriting credit policies using NPV framework to optimise portfolio level economic returns
- Strong experience in making data driven decisions with especial focus on marginal decision making
- Experience in portfolio management, which includes but is not limited to credit limit management, risk based pricing, retention strategies, over-limit policies etc.
- Have a good business intuition on Risk adjusted return requirements & overall is able to manage / adjust the portfolio returns as more / new data comes into light
- Support the annual budget, forecast and planning processes, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative selection and assessment, preparation of the plan, from concept to delivery
- Track, communicate and draw insights from the performance of ongoing initiatives & be on top of all credit KPI’s through intensive monitoring
- Identify operational inefficiencies and manage the implementation of small scale change within the Credit function
- Ensure approval and good rating of first line credit risk function from second line, third line and regulators
What You'll Need
- Proven track record of managing through the cycle credit risk for retail credit products like credit cards, unsecured personal loans etc.
- A bachelor's degree (preferably Masters or higher) in an quantitative/analytical stream like engineering, statistics, Physics, math, economics or management degree from a top university
- Solid understanding of credit policy governance framework and is able to work through 2nd/3rd line of defence in a competent manner
- Delivers excellent results that exceeds requirements, plans appropriately to meet multiple objectives and is forward thinking on inter-dependencies to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Solid understanding of credit as well as behavioural scoring models esp. for retail credit products
- Generally clear, concise and structured and is able to explain complex concepts in simple manner
- Deep thinker capable of processing a lot of information towards most optimal decision making
- Understands the value of speed to market and is able to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, R and Python etc. & other data analysis tools and also willing to learn new technology to help business scale
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.revolut.com/legal/data-privacy-for-candidates