- RBC Global Asset Management
- Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
- 25 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
RBC Global Asset Management (“RBC GAM”) is a North American-based asset management firm with global scope and industry-leading investment management capabilities. PH&N Institutional is the Canadian institutional business of RBC GAM and is widely considered a thought leader amongst investment consultants and institutional clients alike, based on a long term track record of delivering exceptional investment solutions and service. Please visit: https://institutional.phn.com for more information.
The Opportunity: Institutional Associate (Indigenous Investment Services)
The Institutional Associate plays a critical role on the PH&N Institutional team in both maintaining and communicating investment expertise in specific investment capabilities and delivering exceptional service to our institutional clients.
In this role you will collaborate with other members of the PH&N Institutional team, and more specifically the Indigenous Investment Services team. You will be responsible for supporting the Indigenous Investment Services team, and ensuring that the team has the investment insights, education and presentation materials required to engage with our institutional clients and prospects. You will become a subject matter expert in the Indigenous investor market segment, with the objective of ultimately actively participating in the delivery of presentations to our clients and prospects.
This is an opportunity to contribute to a fast growing investor segment at RBC GAM, and also be part of delivering a positive social impact.
What will you do?
- Direct accountability for managing and supporting existing client relationships and helping source and attain new business opportunities
- Direct responsibility for the production and maintenance of client and prospect facing materials across a variety of asset classes and strategy types including slides, research and sales materials as required
- Assist members of the PH&N Indigenous Investment Services team in the day-to-day support of client mandates including creating content and managing the production, review, and distribution of client reporting (monthly, quarterly, and on request). mandate structuring, cash flow management, compliance monitoring and client relationship management system updates
- Actively participate in the development and delivery of presentations to clients and prospects as experience and familiarity develops
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, mathematics or actuarial science an asset)
- 5+ years of investment and financial services industry experience
- Passion for markets with skills and attributes that demonstrate potential to develop into a senior member of the team
- Strong professional written and verbal communications skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and multitask in order to meet tight timelines under high pressure situations
- CFA designation (candidate or Charter holder)
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) and the ability to utilize and become proficient in the use of various tools and systems
Nice to Have
- Knowledge and experience with private or public market alternative investment strategies
- Demonstrated ability to structure and write thought leadership papers on technical subject matter in a clear and concise manner
- Client facing experience
- Bilingual French communication an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work in a growing area of investment management (Alternatives)
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
This role is subject to the RBC GAM Personal Trading Policy.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at http://www.rbc.com/careers. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.