Senior Corporate Credit Analyst (Banks/Financials)
- New York State Insurance Fund
- New York City, New York (US)
- M-8 ($200,000 to $225,000) plus Generous Fringe Benefits Description:
- 25 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Credit Analysis
- Industry Sector
- CFA Charterholder
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Timeframe to Apply: Open until filled
Senior Corporate Credit Analyst (Banks/Financials)
NYSIF Investment Department
Salary: M-8 ($200,000 to $225,000) plus Generous Fringe Benefits
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), with over $20 billion of assets under management, is seeking an experienced credit analyst, preferably with in-depth knowledge of developed-market banks and other financial institutions, to assist in managing its corporate bond portfolio of approximately $8 billion. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Illustrative Duties: Senior Corporate Credit Analysts are sector specialists who work closely with the Chief Credit Officer and the corporate PM/trading team to identify sound investment opportunities within their assigned sectors. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and monitor creditworthiness of corporate credits within assigned sectors
- Keep abreast of industry and market developments that could affect the credit portfolio
- Produce written reports on individual credits
- Conduct periodic reviews of assigned sectors, including the identification of industry wide strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and likely implications for specific credit positions
- Communicate with other buy-side, sell-side and rating agency analysts to enhance perspective
- Review bond indentures, covenants and other terms related to bond offerings and corporate actions
- Prepare financial models of material credit exposures, including “what-if” scenarios, to critically assess creditworthiness and proactively minimize potential credit losses
- Respond in a timely manner to requests from NYSIF colleagues for credit opinions and market perspective
- Assist the broader team on key initiatives, special projects, and other credit matters
- Collaborate with NYSIF colleagues to improve risk identification and monitoring tools
- Coordinate with NYSIF colleagues in investment operations, accounting, and other enabling functions on portfolio positions, as needed
- Communicate with the PM, traders and other NYSIF colleagues on credit matters that affect the portfolio.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications; an MBA or CFA designation is preferred. Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate-credit analysis,
preferably covering banks and other financial institutions, and preferably at a “buy-side” institution. Superior organizational skills with attention to detail. Strong ability for effective time management and meet deadlines. Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication and financial modeling skills
- Motivated self-starter
- High-energy individual that strives to continuously learn
- Familiarity with Bloomberg API Working knowledge of investment principles, products, and markets or demonstrates an enthusiasm to learn.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with various stakeholders.
- Dedication to public protection and a broad, well-developed array of administrative skills, with background in governmental administration and policies.
- Competitive Compensation
- Future Career Growth Potential
- Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
- Paid State and Federal Holidays
- Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Retirement Options
- Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Primary Location: New York City
Schedule: 9 AM to 5 PM
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following New York State Civil Service employment information:
- Jurisdictional classification: Exempt
- Bargaining unit: Managerial/Confidential (M/C)
- Civil Service title: Special Investment Officer
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law. NYSIF's mission is to guarantee the availability of workers’ compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to New York employers and to provide timely, appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers, while maintaining a solvent fund. Since inception, NYSIF has fulfilled the dual roles for which it was created: to compete with other carriers to ensure a fair marketplace and to be a guaranteed source of coverage for employers who cannot secure coverage elsewhere.
NYSIF is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in New York State and among the top 10 largest workers’ compensation carriers in the nation, insuring approximately 139,000 policyholders, with more than $1.8 billion in annual earned premium and over $22 billion in assets. A self-supporting insurance carrier, NYSIF operates without taxpayer funding.
In addition to workers’ compensation insurance, NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 56,000 New York employers. In 2018, NYSIF added paid family leave as a component of its disability benefits product, providing New Yorkers with job-protected, paid time away from work to care for their families.