Equities, Research – Associate
- Vertical Research Partners
- Stamford, Connecticut
- 24 Jan 2023
- 23 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Economics, Equities Research: Sell Side
- Industry Sector
- Consulting Firm, Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Vertical Research Partners is looking for an Associate Analyst to join our Chemicals research team. Highly motivated, detail-oriented, tech savvy and intellectually curious team players are encouraged to apply.
- Analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the senior analyst.
- Monitor and maintain financial models and industry databases ensuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports.
- Review business/trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to gather/synthesize/interpret data on companies followed by the senior analyst.
- Attend industry conferences.
- Prepare, format and publish reports; organize data.
- Provide analytical support by maintaining and updating financial and valuation models on companies.
- Assist in writing research notes and reports based on senior analyst's investment theses
- Help with client requests in person, over the phone and email in a professional manner.
- 1-2 years’ experience of buy-side or sell-side equity research, consulting, investment banking.
- Ability to write clearly as well as communicate on the phone and in person both one-on-one and in group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive, high stress environment, plus ability to multi-task while still maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent Computer Skills; Proven detailed experience with the Microsoft Office Suite is an absolute must.
- Progress towards CFA designation and/or chemical industry experience a plus, albeit not required.