- Austin, Texas
- Monthly Salary Range: $7,084.00 - $10,916.67
- 23 Jan 2023
- 22 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side, Equities Research: Sell Side, Portfolio Management: Equities
- Industry Sector
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Seeking Investment Analyst to perform advanced to highly advanced research and analysis for the Investments Division. Work involves maintaining a high level of knowledge with respect to geographic regions, industries and companies inside and outside the United States. Work is performed under limited supervision, at the direction of the Director of Global Equities and allows considerable latitude for the use of self-initiative and independent judgment. The ideal candidate possesses thorough knowledge of the investment research process; have knowledge of industry standard investment-related software and systems including advanced skill with Microsoft Excel.
Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Uses critical thinking to develop and maintain expert knowledge of assigned industries, geographic regions and companies.
- Demonstrates good financial statement forecasting and modeling skills, masters functionality of primary analytical software tools, shows willingness to share skills with others and shows desire to continuously improve skills.
- Identifies key developments impacting stock price performance and demonstrates balanced appropriate advocacy with respect to security selection and weightings within assigned portfolios.
- Communicates efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner through a variety of channels, both verbally and in writing.
- Prepares for all meetings and participates in team meetings with creative ideas and observations that can improve investment performance.
- Responds to portfolio management requests for information, analysis and opinion.
- Is attentive to the most significant portfolio holdings and to coverage universe in general.
- Shows ability to manage priorities and focus time on most productive opportunities.
- Works closely with trading staff to assure best execution of trades.
- Maintains documentation supporting investment recommendations.
- Participates in the evaluation of broker performance for the purpose of allocating trades.
- Applies team’s investment process.
- Travels domestically and internationally for company visits, industry conferences, analyst visits and other functions to develop the knowledge, resources and contacts necessary for quality research and analysis of assigned geographic regions, economic sectors and companies.
For Investment Analyst III and IV, you will perform the above duties in a highly advanced and complex manner with greater responsibilities and standards.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 24 semester hours in finance, economics, accounting or a combination there of. Each year of related work experience over the required minimum may be substituted for 12 semester hours of the specific course work requirement. Two (2) to four (4) years (depending on classification level) of equity research and/or portfolio management work experience. Each level of the CFA program successfully completed may be substituted for six months of required work experience. Master’s degree in business, finance, economics and/or accounting may substitute for one (1) year of work experience.
Experience using Microsoft Excel; experience with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint or other business productivity related software. Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
Undergraduate degree major in business, finance, economics or accounting. Master's degree in business, finance, economics and/or accounting. Experience in Information Technology or Healthcare Sector. Enrollment in the Chartered Financial Analyst program or CFA designation. Experience using Bloomberg, FactSet, Thomson One, and/or similar software and information systems. Experience with global equity markets. Experience supporting portfolio managers in a public or private pension system, endowment hedge fund or mutual fund environment. Experience traveling domestically and abroad for business.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with flexible work schedules available to all employees. Domestic and international travel is required. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There are no equivalent Military Occupational Specialty codes assigned to this position. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources Office:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment). An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: https://www.ers.texas.gov/careers/How-to-Apply. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989