- R.M. Davis
- Portland, Maine
- Negotiable; dependent on prior work experience and other qualifications
- 20 Jan 2023
- 19 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Private Wealth Management Firm
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Employment Opportunity: Securities Trader – Portland
If you want to work with an industry leader, in a dynamic environment that fosters professional growth, we invite you to join our growing team. With $6 billion in assets under management, R.M. Davis is Northern New England’s largest wealth management firm, with offices in downtown Portland, Maine, and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
We are seeking a Securities Trader with prior experience trading equities, fixed income, and mutual fund securities.
The Securities Trader is primarily responsible for executing the Company’s trade orders in an accurate and timely manner. Additional responsibilities of the Securities Trader include implementation of the centralized bond and equity investment management program, allocation of broker commissions, preparation of various status reports, and maintenance of our financial database, trading applications and associated audit records. The Securities Trader is also responsible for maintaining positive relationships with the external trading community and communicating key market developments to Portfolio Managers, Research, and other personnel. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
The candidate should be/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- 3-5 years of prior trading experience in an investment, brokerage, bank, or similar firm.
- Series 65 license will be required within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to quickly master all aspects of a computerized portfolio management system and other related software.
- Prior experience using Bloomberg, Schwab, and Fidelity trading platforms.
- An analytical mindset with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with solid organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Competitive compensation and annual bonus opportunity
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- 100% company-paid employee health insurance
- Generous paid time off, including parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid, covered parking
- Professional office setting in bustling downtown Portland
- Remote work flexibility
- Collaborative work culture
The level and authority associated with this position will be determined upon consideration of prior work experience and qualifications.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to:
R. M. Davis, Inc.
Attn: Denise Vigneault
24 City Center
Portland, ME 04101