Director of Research
- Trumbower Financial Advisors, LLC
- Bethesda, Maryland (US)
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 19 Jan 2023
- 18 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Portfolio Management: Equities, Portfolio Management: Fixed Income, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Wealth Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Firm
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Research
Bethesda, MD fee-only wealth management firm seeks motivated and committed professional to join Investment Advisory Services team. Our Director of Research plays a key role in guiding investment committee decisions about a wide variety of issues such as security selection, implementation strategies and asset allocation target. Ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter with strong communication skills that is excited by analytical challenges. Unlimited potential for advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and chair regular Investment Committee meetings. Prepare and present agendas that will address topics such as market trends, mutual fund and other security evaluations, implementation approaches, performance issues and other special projects.
- Security/mutual fund selection and ongoing due diligence. Evaluate existing selection criteria and propose alternatives. Identify funds meeting selection criteria, present detailed analyses about process, performance, capture ratios etc. Make preliminary recommendations and moderate discussions. Coordinate implementation process including preparing client communications and initiating transactions.
- Investment strategies. Conduct ongoing research challenging asset class definitions and portfolio construction philosophies. Test alternative hypotheses. Bring new ideas to the Committee, critique existing methodologies and suggest enhancements.
- Draft quarterly client market commentary to provide perspective about financial market developments and implications. Analyze and summarize the performance of specific securities that have delivered unexpected results. Contribute to preparation of customized quarterly investment performance reports for clients.
- Capital Market Assumptions. Conduct annual survey of industry-wide assumptions, gather data and run simulations to help the Committee establish Firm-wide decisions. Coordinate updates to TFA asset allocation software, data input and presentation tools.
- Evaluate various software tools the Firm is using and propose alternatives if appropriate.
- Absolutely no sales.
- CFA charter holder or Level III candidate.
- Minimum 5-years relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Excel and Morningstar Direct.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and extremely well-organized.
Our worldwide client base demands technical excellence and outstanding service. Flexible, casual work environment – predominately in our comfortable, private Bethesda office space. Competitive salary and benefits package are offered in return for professionalism and dedication. Please submit your resume, references, salary requirements and writing sample in confidence to: TFA, 3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 340, Bethesda, MD 20814-5330; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our web site at www.trufinancial.com for more information about our Firm. (Please note that our website is simple and contact information is hard to find. This is not a reflection of our technical acumen but rather the fact that all of our clients come from referrals.)
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors