- Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital
- Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
- To be discussed
- 18 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
We are currently recruiting for the position of Portfolio Specialist. In this role, you will be part of the CC&L Private Capital Asset Allocation Team. Led by the firms CIO, the Asset Allocation team is responsible for providing for all aspects of the firm’s investment process – strategic and tactical asset allocation, product management/development, implementation, and investment planning. In addition, this team is responsible for providing thoughtful communication on all aspects of the investment process, our strategies and views of the market and economy. The Portfolio Specialist will be an integral member of the team, assisting the Portfolio Strategist in creating insights into the firm’s strategies and outlook.
What You’ll Be Doing
As part of the Private Capital Asset Mix Team, you will have a broad range of responsibilities which will include:
- Assist in creating a variety of communications, both internal and external, about the firm’s investment strategies, outlook, capital markets and the economy
- Assist in creating client servicing materials and marketing materials
- Find information and conduct research and that supports the firm’s messaging
- Work closely with the firm’s Investment Analytics team to get necessary data for analysis
- Work with the firm’s Marketing Services Team to create charts and presentations in a timely manner
- Assist with regular reviews of investment strategies with Portfolio Managers and Product Specialists
- Answer Relationship Manager and client questions related to our portfolios and outlook
- Experience: You have 2 – 5 years of financial services experience and a broad understanding of financial markets and investment management
- Knowledge: You have an undergraduate degree in a related field (Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Economics). Completion or working towards CFA designation is an asset.
- Tech Savvy: Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Communications: Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Creativity: Demonstrated intellectual curiosity that fosters an ability to think creatively and strategically
- Development: Focus on personal development and a willingness to accept coaching and feedback
- Work Ethic: Ability to take an idea and work independently, but also the ability to collaborate with the team
- Time Management: Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Completion or working towards CFA Charter is considered an asset
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial
Group Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group provides investment a broad range of traditional and alterative investment products and investment management services to individuals, advisors, pension plans, institutional investors and foundations. The firm has offices across Canada and in New York and London and through its affiliated investment managers is responsible for the investment of approximately $98 billion in financial assets and over 700 people today. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining, and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.