Equity Research Analyst
- Fidelity Investments Canada
- Toronto, Ontario
- Fidelity Investments Canada offers a competitive salary, yearly bonus and a wide range of benefits.
- 16 Jan 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Corporate Finance, Equities Research: Buy Side, Equities Research: Sell Side, Performance Analysis, Portfolio Management: Equities
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General, Insurance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position is located in our Toronto Ontario, Canada office.
You will be working on a flexible hybrid schedule as part of Fidelity’s dynamic working arrangement.
Current work authorization for Canada is preferred. Candidate is solely responsible for satisfying work authorization requirements.
What You Will Do
Our research teams help generate investment ideas from around the world – in virtually every investment class and category – and our investment management and research capabilities are world-class. As a privately held company, we can take a big-picture, long-term view of the world and its markets. This gives us the opportunity to provide unique insight to our customers, extensive thought leadership to the marketplace and uncommon opportunities to our employees.
The Equity Research Analyst works closely with the portfolio managers within Fidelity (Canada) Investment Management ULC (FCIM) – the team of portfolio managers and equity research professionals responsible for managing a number of mutual funds and institutional investment strategies, primarily for the Canadian market.
The Equity Research Analyst will perform fundamental equity research on a coverage universe, providing investment ideas for the portfolios and contributing to the investment performance of the firm. The Analyst will generate proprietary fundamental analysis of the sector, the industry, the companies and the stocks by meeting with top management of companies, industry experts, sell-side analysts and experienced colleagues. Analysts will create detailed financial projections for the companies and develop valuation analysis of stocks to develop investment recommendations for assigned stocks. You will be covering 20-25 stocks in this role.
In this position, you will have sole coverage of your own investment sector, manage money, access to vast technology, travel, contact with top company management and investment professionals in the business, and potential for career advancement from analyst to portfolio manager.
What We Are Looking For
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Demonstrated success in academics
1 to 10 years' relevant work experience. All candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply
A history of motivation, initiative, and tireless enthusiasm for discovering new investment opportunities
Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
In order to be considered for available positions, you must be eligible to work in Canada and must include the following in your application:
Current Resume (1 page only), including overall GPA from most recent educational institution attended
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following:
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers (5th consecutive year) 2021
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (9th consecutive year) 2021
- Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employer (4th consecutive year) 2021
- Imagine Canada, Caring Company
- Canada’s Top Employer For Young People 2021
- National HR Awards - Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program Award, Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award
- Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- Canadian Compassionate Companies Award
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- An Imagine Canada Caring Company
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors