- RVK, Inc.
- Chicago, Portland, New York & Boise
- Dependent on Experience
- 13 Jan 2023
- 12 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant, Management Consulting
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
RVK provides strategic investment consulting to institutional asset owners including some of the largest and most sophisticated global investors. RVK is uniquely positioned as a completely independent, unbiased, and trusted source of investment advice. The heart of RVK is our team-oriented approach to client service and commitment to the ongoing development and growth of our investment professionals. RVK is headquartered in Portland, OR, with additional offices in New York, Chicago, and Boise. RVK has open positions at all of our office locations.
RVK is independently owned, exclusively by current employees, and serves nearly 200 institutional clients. Our clients are diversified across a wide spectrum of institutional asset owners, and include entities such as sovereign wealth funds, defined benefit pension funds, defined contribution retirement plans, endowments, foundations, ultra-high net worth families, insurance company reserves, and other types of special purpose funds. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the world, as reported by “Pensions & Investments”.
The Associate Consultant works closely with the consulting team to provide research, portfolio analysis, and investment advice to our clients. This position requires a unique combination of communication and interpersonal skills, project management skills, increased direct client interaction and proven qualitative and quantitative abilities. Associate Consultant responsibilities include the daily administration and management of a number of client relationships, working alongside the Lead Consultant on each client relationship and coordinating between other departments and teams as needed. Associate Consultants frequently interact with and have an opportunity to learn from many different RVK investment professionals, clients, and other participants in the global investment industry. Candidates would be expected to be connected with employees at RVK across a variety of office locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be actively involved in all aspects of client service and help plan and execute client deliverables. The duties are multi-faceted and require the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. The Associate Consultant must successfully manage time, identify tasks, determine priorities, and complete deliverables, while absorbing educational opportunities available in the natural course of the job to grow as an investment professional. Associate Consultants are often involved in:
- Asset allocation studies, domestic/international equity and fixed income manager style analyses, investment policy revisions, education presentations, portfolio rebalancing, letters of instruction, special research projects, etc.
- Providing day-to-day client service in support of the Consulting teams working with each client.
- Continuing to increase knowledge of recommended investment management firms, products, and strategies.
- Interfacing with other colleagues, including Investment Analysts, Consultants, Associate Consultants, and Investment Manager Research in preparing materials for our consulting clients.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading client communications and training materials for clients on various investment topics.
- Assisting consulting team with defining key messages and using creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations and information to clients.
- Participating in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Providing training to Investment Associates and Investment Analysts on elements of investment process and procedures, as needed.
- Beginning to attend meetings and present special projects and/or performance reports to clients (at the request and approval of the lead consultant).
- Preparing ad-hoc market environment and investment research.
- Playing an active role in business development efforts including drafting and editing RFP responses as well as finalist presentations.
- Reviewing and approving performance measurement client deliverables.
- Genuine desire to grow as an investment professional.
- Proven project management and organizational skills – ability to handle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with careful attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills – comfortable presenting in front of Board of Trustees and Investment Committees.
- Proven self-starter – able to work and think independently.
- Adaptability to change while striving to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Flexible and open to new ideas within an ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of software and business applications – proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Strong work ethic – able to work Monday – Friday with client deadlines that may require up to 50-60 hours/week, (including when necessary evening and weekend time).
- Able to travel as needed across the U.S.A.
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to build quantitative models and interpret results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry.
- Knowledge of MPI Stylus, Morningstar, Bloomberg, and eVestment Alliance is a plus.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry experience in investment consulting, management consulting, internal corporate consulting, asset management, banking, private equity or working with a plan sponsor directing, implementing and coordinating investment strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, business or similar studies, particularly if allied with finance, economics or investment analysis).
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or progress towards designation and / or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration is encouraged.