Senior Manager, Institutional Portfolio Operations
- Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
- Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
- To be discussed
- 06 Jan 2023
- 05 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Vancouver-based Investment Resource Group. You will be working in a fast-paced, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate is a strong leader and problem-solver who has the ability to identify process improvements, can analyze data, and can contribute to the strategic direction of the group. The incumbent will also ensure that the appropriate operational infrastructure is in place to support multiple CC&L Affiliates in their efforts to deliver unparalleled service and support to the firm’s clients.
The Institutional Portfolio Operations team is a lively and energetic group. You will have the opportunity to lead a hardworking and dedicated team in a fun environment. The team is motivated, enjoys challenging each other, is diverse and unafraid to put in the extra work to get ahead. We rely on collaboration and are always looking to tackle the next challenge.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Institutional Portfolio Operations Team, currently comprised of 4 Managers and 24 Senior Analysts, Analysts and Specialists in 3 separate locations (Vancouver, Toronto, Gurugram) who are responsible for the following functions for our institutional clients:
- Corporate action processing
- Client cash flow processing
- Client invoicing
- Assets under management maintenance and reporting
- Processing capital calls for our Private Markets clients
- Reconciliation of our portfolio accounting records with the custodian’s
- Responding to client audit requests
- Data management and reporting
- Managing projects that impact the Institutional Portfolio Operations team.
- Support all new client & fund launches and migrations as it relates to reconciliation and the broader team
- Participation in IRG Senior Management team meetings, assisting in the development and implementation of the IRG’s strategic plan, and resolving general IRG management issues.
- Managing and supporting the relationship with key third party service providers (e.g. SS&C Technologies, CIBC Mellon, RBC IS, etc.).
Leadership and team management:
- Managing and structuring an appropriate team of support professionals, including recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, and conflict resolution.
- Liaising with various teams across all the Affiliates in the CC&L Financial Group to ensure their current and upcoming requirements are being met by the IRG.
Business Strategy and planning:
- Analyzing current processes and procedures, redesigning workflow to increase efficiency, mitigate risk, and increase the level of service provided to key stakeholders.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are documented, reviewed and kept current.
- Developing, testing, and implementing new procedures and systems to accommodate changing business demands.
- Ensuring that staff adhere to and have a full understanding of all risk policies & best practice procedures and demonstrate continual risk awareness in all areas within our operational scope.
What Will Help You Succeed
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Industry knowledge and Experience: Developed knowledge of investment accounts (RRSP, TFSA, RRIF, etc.). You have 10+ years of relevant work experience with minimum of 5+ years of experience in leading teams.
- Tech savvy: Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Business acumen: You have a strategic and an analytical mindset and are someone who can constantly assess and improve processes.
- Operational Excellence: You are operationally focused where strong attention to detail and timeliness are critical success factors in achieving your goals.
- Collaborative Communication: You communicate effectively and have a collaborative spirit that helps you build strong working relationships.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CCLFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors. CCLFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management.
We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $96 billion in assets and close to 700 employees today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.