Chief Financial Officer
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- 06 Jan 2023
- 05 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Charlottesville (Habitat) is a cutting edge, national-leader non-profit housing and community development organization creating simple, decent, affordable homes and neighborhoods in partnership with low-income families, volunteers, and the communities of the Greater Charlottesville region. Home construction capacity is multiplied by a volunteer labor force including homeowner families, corporate, civic, and church groups. Habitat is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), a global ministry working to end housing poverty worldwide. Habitat Charlottesville is the most productive affiliate per service area size in the global network. This year, the affiliate is working on a record 75 new homes and has an annual budget of just over $30M.
The role of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) can be separated into two primary categories: Financial Leadership, Management and Reporting; and Business Strategy. The CFO is the primary manager of an annual $30M budget which funds the construction of 40+ homes per year and a key strategic thinker in the organization’s C suite. Reporting to the President/CEO (CEO) and serving as the primary staff advisor to the CEO on business activity, the CFO implements the infrastructure and systems needed to support strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned finance professional and/or CPA with unquestioned integrity and foresight as it relates to the financial health of organizations and institutions. Their record of achievement should reflect an exceptional commitment to best-in-practice accounting, operations, and due-diligence practices. They should also possess outstanding communications skills, honesty, and acute attention to detail. Key qualifications include:
- Experience in public accounting and/or professional business management, ideally in the non-profit and/or housing sector.
- CPA or Master’s Degree in one or more relevant fields (Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc.) preferred.
- Detail-oriented owner of fiscal operations who demonstrates the ability to manage financial operations of complex for-profit or non-profit business.
- General knowledge of financial markets with an ability to understand future trends and their affect on the fiscal operations of the affiliate.
- Strong accounting skills, including budget preparation and management, payroll oversight, bill paying, cash flow analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of IRS and other regulatory standards for document generation and storage.
- Command knowledge of Information Technology software.
- Ability to supervise and direct staff.
DRiWaterstone is leading the search for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Charlottesville.