Stock Market Analyst
- InnisFree M&A Incorporated
- Richmond, Virginia
- Depending on experience
- 03 Jan 2023
- 04 Mar 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Sell Side, Other
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Innisfree M&A Incorporated is the premier high-stakes shareholder engagement firm. We deliver shareholder intelligence, strategic advice and proxy solicitation services to the world’s leading corporations and investors when it matters most. Our proprietary ActiveIQ™ methodology sets us apart from traditional proxy solicitation and stockwatch firms, going far beyond simply tracking activity in a company’s stock to providing critical information, best-in-class analytics and actionable recommendations to our clients. We provide expert advice on a wide range of matters, including investor relations, shareholder activism, executive compensation proposals, and corporate governance issues. Our track record in major corporate campaigns is unrivaled: we are the crisis-proven experts.
- Bloomberg Top Company Solicitor – Global and US Activist Insight Top Proxy Solicitation Firm by Total Company Representations
Why Join Us
If you’re insightful, savvy, creative, dedicated, skillful and frank, you’ll thrive on our team of dedicated and collegial professionals. You’ll play a critical role in prominent corporate and financial events, from complex mergers to ESG-fueled activist campaigns to contested situations. You’ll support and guide our clients through all aspects of successful shareholder engagements. Every day, you’ll master new challenges with diverse opportunities for continuous learning.
When you join Innisfree M&A, you’ll have:
- Shared commitment to excellence Highly competitive compensation Mentorship and support Variety in your workday Chance to make a direct impact Respectful workplace A team that cares about your development and well-being Top-flight benefits, including 100% employer-paid medical/dental/disability/life insurance, generous time off, paid parental leave and 401(k) plan with profit-sharing
Stock Market Analyst Overview
As Stock Market Analyst, you’ll analyze equity markets and client companies’ stock market trading to provide in-depth reports explaining stock ownership changes, trading volumes and other market activity. You’ll work within varied industry sectors and use your in-depth understanding of our clients’ industry and business prospects to deliver equity market and stock trading intelligence. You will communicate your analysis directly to C-Suite executives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field At least three years related experience Solid understanding of the stock market, financial instruments, and the investment process Solid understanding of stock valuation methods Experience working with financial data from sources such as Bloomberg and FactSet Ability to analyze large, complex and dynamic data sets Ability to communicate financial data and generate actionable reports from internal/external data sources Facility in development of trusted advisor relationships with business leaders Strong organizational and time management skills Attention to detail Self-direction and initiative Strong written and oral business communications skills Ability to work as a collaborative team member Advanced-level MS Office skills, including PowerPoint and Excel U.S. employment authorization without current or future need for sponsorship
Other helpful background
- CFA charter or enrollment in CFA program Familiarity with option trading Technical analysis
- Analyze investor buying and selling activity to support client investor relations initiatives Analyze settlement activity to derive institutional buyers and sellers of shares Monitor market developments, fluctuations in stock prices and industry news on behalf of corporate clients Offer objective, perceptive analysis of how client stock is evaluated and viewed as investment vehicle Create in-depth client reports summarizing trade activity and stock performance Directly communicate key findings and developments to client executives
Equal Employment Opportunity/Commitment to Diversity
Innisfree is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Innisfree values inclusion of individuals of all different races, genders, sexual preferences, ages and physical capabilities, in the belief that a culture of diversity will foster innovation, intelligence and imagination—and ultimately excellence—to the benefit of our employees, society and clients.