- Vancouver, British Columbia (CA)
- Competitive total compensation including bonuses, pension, RBC share purchase plan and benefits
- 08 Dec 2022
- 06 Feb 2023
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant
- Industry Sector
- Private Wealth Management Firm
- Employment Type
- Full Time
What is the opportunity?
The RBC Dominion Securities Inc. (“RBC DS”) Branch located in downtown Vancouver is looking for an experienced Associate Advisor to join a premier Portfolio Manager (“PM”) team by providing exceptional client service as well as investment & wealth management advice. Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in the investment field and work as a licensed Registered Representative (RR) with an IIROC firm.
What will you do?
- Provide world class client service to our valued clients
- Enhance the client relationship though executing the investment & wealth strategies of the PM as well as engaging the financial planning, estate planning and other wealth management resources of RBC DS
- Assist in the development of the team’s investment strategy for clients
- Investment research, analysis, executing trades and rebalancing client portfolios
- Support the PM by identifying and assisting growth of new business opportunities
- Utilize contact management system for daily task management
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 5 years of experience in the investment field working as an Associate Investment Advisor or Associate Advisor or Registered Representative or Senior Associate or Associate
- IIROC licensed as a Registered Representative (RR)
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills – excellent communicator over the telephone
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- One investment or financial planning designation (such as CIM, QAFP, CFP, etc.)
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task and change priorities mid-stream, as required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Willingness to work on-site in the office full time
- Resident of the greater Vancouver area
- CFA Designation
- Other Professional Designations (such as CPA, CA, etc.)
- Options-Licensed with IIROC
- Insurance-Licensed with Insurance Council of British Columbia
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to keep growing, and we work together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive. We care about each other, about reaching our potential and making a difference to our communities. RBC DS offers:
- Competitive total compensation including bonuses, pension, RBC share purchase plan and comprehensive benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- The ability to make a difference to, and a lasting impact on, our clients
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative and high-performing team
How to apply?
Please send your cover letter and resume in strict confidence to email@example.com.