The Investment Analyst is accountable for providing accurate, thorough and timely detailed fundamental analyses of small- and mid-cap public companies to the US Small Cap Equity investment team to assist in building high-performing and well-structured portfolios.
We are passionate small cap investors looking for an equally passionate teammate. The small size of the team means that the investment analyst will be heard – the sharing of opinions, recommendations and experiences is encouraged and expected. Culture is important to us. We have generated an exceptional long-term performance track record resulting in significant asset and client growth.
- Analyze specific assigned companies, interpret market trends and examine specified market sector activity in order to provide information and analysis required in the investment decision-making process; sector responsibilities TBD, but generalist coverage should be expected at the onset
- Complete deep, independent fundamental analysis of companies, including the assessment of overall company quality (competitive positioning, management, etc.) and financial statement analysis to make investment recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree required, may hold or be working toward advanced degree and/or
- CFA 2-3+ years of investment experience or relevant business experience
- Strong analytical skills to complete detailed fundamental analyses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver reviews and recommendations
- Good understanding of business and economics to research target companies and determine potentially profitable investments
- Sense of judgment and self-discipline to evaluate multiple opportunities and make appropriate investment decisions
- Passionate about markets and flexibility