Corporate Action Officer
Sobre a vaga
About The Job
- The Corporate Actions Officer is in charge of the notification and the coordination for the EQD and Fixed Income industries of any impact of these events during the overall lifecycle. In this way, the Department is providing its services for any impacted trade involving Trading, Clients and/or Counterparties
Your Main Activities Are
- Scrub and set-up of Corporate Actions in operating systems (eg. Picasso)
- Monitor of Corporate Actions in all reliefs and identification of eligible global positions (Settled/Pending trades, SLAB)
- Permanent follow-up of events’ announcements, forecast and deadlines leading to an efficient management regarding scrubbing, notifications and bookings in our general books and recording systems (eg. Calypso, Power, Picasso tools)
- Manage the election process for voluntary events in close relations with other teams of other departments, compile aggregated instruction to be sent to agents/custodians and ensure good receipt
- Strict follow-up of the expected proceeds/results at payment date, and follow-up controls in regards to theoretical bookings and forecast assumptions that may leave with breaks on internal or external reconciliations
- Act as a central point of contact for Corporate actions operations subject matters within BNP (across all functions) and outside (Custodian, Counterparties) and as an expert on Corporate Actions for client and business services
- Ability to manage any Corporate Actions type on the overall scope of the team and to become expert on specific market rules
- Provide a regular report to the hierarchy and being pro-active during all recurrent meetings (morning, weekly meetings, among others)
- Participate actively to the continuous improvement of process and systems (macros, UAT/tests, update of procedures, among others)
Profile And Skills To Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Finance/Management
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral are mandatory
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Organisational skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
- Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
- International reach
BNP Paribas Holds Key Positions In Its Three Core Operating Divisions
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success.
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
- Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
- Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Standard / Permanent
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
PRT - CIB
Job Number: 2207SSOP12151