Sobre a vaga
Do you want to be part of a start-up who is shaping how things get constructed, and shape a more sustainable future? We’re searching for a financial guru to help us plan and monitor our financials. If you are analytical, meticulous and familiar with the concept "tech startup hybrid", we need you!! Read on!
We are Laminar Projects!
We are a Construction Consultancy & Tech Startup Hybrid!
We help construction projects optimize their project management as a consultancy and then we use our revenues to develop our own software products. We do things the Laminar Way, that is, we bring control and clarity to projects by implementing pragmatic solutions using a mix of latest technology, our own processes, and a big dose of common sense.
Vision (Why we exist)
We exist so that everyone in our team can thrive in a high impact community that:
- Connects us with meaningful relationships.
- Inspires us to develop ourselves to become better humans.
- Empowers us to pursue our own learning adventures.
We believe that, by first doing this, we can achieve the highest levels of value for the world.
Missions (What we are aiming for)
- To fully digitise the construction of human civilization.
- To create a new type of organisation that enables human flourishing while delivering a huge positive impact on society.
So, at this point you might be asking what makes us different from other opportunities you might be looking at. Here are a couple of pointers to answer that question:
- We aren't a company; we are a team. We thrive on being a growing startup, with a dynamic culture and a tight-knit team. Our leaders are more like coaches and one of our main objectives is to give 5 years’ worth of learning and development for every 1 year with us.
- 100% of our profits go into R&D projects, including developing our own platform to digitize construction project management. If there is an inner tech-y vein pulsing by now, this is the place to be!
- Fast and transparent progression based on our development matrix. This means that our roles and salaries are purely meritocratic, focusing on capability over experience. So, if you have the skills to hop to the next level, you will get reviewed and promoted, simple as that. And if you don’t have the skills yet, you can learn them with us.
We are currently looking for a Financial Guru to join our Operations team. As a dynamic and tech-driven startup, curiosity and ingenuity are two of the main traits that we love about our applicants!
As Laminar Project's Financial Guru, you will bring a solid understanding of how business principles and finances intersect, implement financial management techniques, and advise the leadership team about strategic decisions. This is a newly created role due to our expanding business and demands strong accounting capabilities, and exceptional stakeholder management.
Your main duties will include:
- Improve how Laminar captures financial information across different systems. The successful applicant must have a proven record of building (or improving on) systems and processes to capture the necessary financial information.
- Build internal financial databases and cost centers that interface/integrate with external software’s (such as accounting, expenses, hour tracking software).
- Set up financial trends, projections and KPI’s, with a sharp eye on our financial status.
- Provide financial reports, interpreting the numbers in line with Laminar’s business services and objectives and suggesting courses of action.
- Set annual budgets in line with Laminar’s mission and objectives and monitor them on a consistent basis. These will be done collaboratively with department directors and the leadership team.
- Take the lead on accounting matters, including liaising with our accountants.
For this role, an ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Management roles with a BSc in Economics/Business
- A strong level of business-applied English
- A background in accounting or consulting alongside a solid understanding of business principles and accounting best practices
- Experience in working with start-up or young companies with proven experience of building and maintaining financial systems and procedures across an organization
- A substantial experience in modelling financial data initially and then forecasting budgeting and reporting on it.
- The ability to lead team members, enabling them to follow the appropriate processes that affect financial systems
- A hands-on attitude. You get things done.
It would be great if the candidate would also have:
- Experience with software (SaaS) businesses. This is the next step in our journey!
- Knowledge of UK accounting and tax market. Direct UK experience will be a nice to have. Other European countries will also be a nice to have as we work internationally on a frequent basis.
If you don’t think you meet all the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team!
Salary and Benefits
- Full time contract with fully flexible hours.
- Salary packages starting from would start between 37k€ and 50k€
- A percentage of your annual salary as equity bonus.
- You will be supported to excel in whichever areas you are most interested in! With Laminar, development is unbounded.
- Should you be working remotely from any other location during your transition period based on your relocation process, the salary offered will be market related to your location at the time.
In terms of application, we usually start with a screening call to tell you what we are all about in a small, casual conversation. That helps you to know us a bit better and tell us a bit about yourself.
We try to make the process as smooth as possible by ensuring we would get back to you in a maximum of two weeks.
We get hundreds of applications so please include a short summary/cover letter explaining why you want to join us and what you think you bring to the team - We aren't a giant faceless corporation; we really care about the people who want to join our team so all letters will be read by one of the Directors.