Sr. Analyst - Performance Reporting -Private Markets Liaison
We are the South Carolina Retirement System Investment Commission (RSIC). We are a professional investment management organization that manages $38.3 Billion on behalf of over 600,000 plan participants. The RSIC invests across a number of asset classes including public equity, bonds, private equity, private debt, and real assets. At RSIC, you can look forward to:
- Working in a collaborative, team-based environment with a highly qualified and professional staff with diverse backgrounds.
- An environment that values teamwork, integrity, intellectual curiosity, and humility as well focuses on results and recognizes high performance.
If we want to achieve our mission of ensuring the future of the beneficiaries of the South Carolina Retirement System, we must constantly challenge our investment beliefs and look for ways to earn excess returns that increase the year-over-year value of the plan and align with achieving the actuarially assumed rate of investment return over the long-term.
- Produce internal reporting for private markets according to production cycle as well as asset class “deep dive” analysis and other ad hoc analysis in support of the Private Markets Investment Teams’ needs. Develop reporting capabilities to leverage data and functionality of third-party systems. Work closely with Investment Teams ensuring reporting and analytic needs are being met.
- Monitor and verify private markets system data and reconcile between systems including the development and execution of ongoing monitoring procedures around these relationships ensuring on-boarding and account setup metadata is collected and populated in the appropriate systems. Ensure vendor obtains timely and the most up to date transparency information for investment funds.
- Provide data to industry service providers, surveys, and other external data-requests and then verifying the results to ensure RSIC is accurately represented.
- Oversee the collection and validation of fee and expense data by the consultant providing support as needed. Coordinate the Investment Team validation of investment fees and expenses as well as the aggregation and reporting of the fee and expense data. Produce fee and expense components of the statutory Annual Investment Report.
- Keep Reporting Team members apprised of production and project work and serve as backup to other Performance Team members, as needed, for production cycle and reporting requests.
- Create and maintain datasets for the compensation program.
- Assisting in fully documenting reporting policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Math, or related area is required.
- Experience within an institutional investment organization, including, but not limited to pension funds, investment fund administrators, endowments, foundation, fund of funds, or investment managers.
- Understanding of traditional and alternative investment vehicles.
- Knowledge or experience in portfolio accounting and reporting.
- Experience in data management and analytics.
- Critical thinking and the ability to apply investment concepts.
- Ability to work well both within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- 3 years’ experience within an institutional investment organization, including, but not limited to pension funds, investment fund administrators, endowments, foundation, fund of funds, or investment managers.
- CFA or CAIA designation or working toward earning such.
- Knowledge or experience in private equity accounting and reporting.