Advisor, Investment Portfolio
Advisor, Investment Portfolio (50000257)
OFFICE OF THE TREASURER
NOTE: This posting represents an indeterminate contract.
Reporting to the Director, Investments, the incumbent acts as a dedicated support to the Office of the Treasurer’s Investments Portfolio by providing quality control and assurances as to the source information used for strategic and tactical managerial purposes. They assume ongoing tasks required with respect to the financial management and governance of all investment programs at the University.
- Provide specialized advice and/or informed opinions to the Investment Director with respect to all investment programs within the Investments Portfolio in order to decide the best course of action for optimizing financial returns, minimizing risks and reducing costs.
- Provide financial identification, analysis, evaluation and recommendation of opportunities with respect to investments, asset allocations, investment policy designs, risk mitigation and the tactical asset policies.
- Perform financial quantification, analysis and stress testing simulations for any concentration of risks and meeting risk and return targets.
- Contribute to due diligence work including the on-boarding and maintenance process, including legal and operational.
- Perform front office trade executions or back-office settlements for the Investments Portfolio in-house transactions as well as for the student academic investment programs.
- Support the Investment Director in the development and implementation of investment strategies, monitoring of the Portfolio’s investment managers and in-house investment strategies as well as the execution of the Portfolio’s operational due diligence programs.
- Work closely with University Advancement for the analysis, assessment, planning, funding and control of all their gift projects.
- Provide financial consulting, communication and administrative support services with respect to sale of securities received as gifts/bequests or any other support/request needs from University Advancement.
- Advise the Investment Director with respect to strategic planning, industry governance and market intelligence related to the field of investments
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Represent the Investment Director at any related committees as assigned and/or required.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related work experience. Professional designation/certificate (C.F.A, C.A, etc.) highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of the investment industry.
- Very good knowledge (level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written French.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, in conjunction with proven leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate planning processes, direct and manage projects within established deadlines and parameters.
- Ability to interpret complex situations and resolve conflicts with professionalism and discretion.
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with computing and automation technologies including industry-built administrative and information system tools namely, CRM, RMS, PMS platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
***PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ONTO THE CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY JOBS WEBSITE TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY***