- Hong Kong (HK)
- Up to $65,000 + bonus
- 07 Nov 2022
- 07 Dec 2022
- Job Function
- Corporate Finance, Credit Analysis, Investment Advisor/Consultant
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General, Investment Bank
- Employment Type
- Full Time
You will be supporting our Asia coverage of performing, stressed and distressed high yield credit coverage mainly through long form analysis, producing capital structures and financial modelling, including timely updates on price-sensitive developments.
You will work alongside financial analysts, legal analysts and editorial staff to provide research and analysis directly to our subscribers, who include top institutional investors, investment banks, trading desks, financial advisors and law firms. Coverage area will be Greater China.
We will be open to hiring in our Hong Kong or Singapore office. Candidates must be fluent in English and Chinese/Mandarin.
As part of the interview process, high potential candidates will be requested to submit a written case study on a stressed and distressed credit.
- Contribute to our high quality coverage of high yield performing /stressed/ distressed credit situations through long form analysis, financial modelling, building of capital structures and synthesising credit-sensitive financial metrics that form part of the analytical workflow
- Ability to engage with clients on the buy-side and sell-side and able to form prospective opinions or views of the credits under coverage, especially when there are pricing dislocations
- Work alongside the other credit analysts, legal analysts and reporters to support coverage on key credits
- Be able to take a top down and bottom up approach and include key takeaways in reports or other long-form formats.
- Graduates with degrees in economics, accounting or finance with a minimum of two years of experience in asset management investment banking, corporate finance, professional financial advisory or rating agencies
- Candidates with retail banking or SME banking/credit experience should not apply to this position
- A good understanding of key macro and micro factors that could affect how securities are traded and priced in markets
- An ability to interpret financial statements to evaluate business performance and understand the relationship between business drivers and financial performance, including the ability to model out these relationships quantitatively
- Strong work ethic, proactive and be willing to take on responsibilities, including assisting other disciplines within the broader Asia team
- Strong interest in credit market, or financial markets in general
- CFA is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Can read and write Mandarin Chinese