Mercer is seeking an Investment Consultant with ALM experience to join their growing consulting practice based in Mexico City:
What can you expect?
- Depending on the size and complexity of a client assignment, you may take a leading role or a role supporting a Senior Investment Consultant.
- As a primary investment consultant you would manage medium and large clients and/or second on jumbo clients, including managing overall service delivery and solution design. Acting as the day-to-day lead for the client, ensuring project requirements, solutions and deliverables meet client expectations in order to provide them with the best tailored financial advice
- You will work as part of a team on a range of complex projects.
- Generates sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by leading prospecting efforts with new clients.
- To fulfill this role, the Investment Consultant will sell and manage customized investment consulting services to both new and existing clients, and develop or contribute to intellectual capital.
- In all circumstances, you'll have the opportunity to be exposed to some innovative and market leading ideas while contributing to interesting work.
We will count on you to:
- Provide investment advice to a wide range of institutional clients on the determination of investment objectives, establishment of investment policy, selection of investment managers, consistently monitoring investment markets and client portfolios managing and preparing for risk, and making adjustments to investment strategies..
- Create and evaluate investment strategies and their impact for large and jumbo market clients.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
- Implementing efforts to aggressively market and expand the Investment Consulting business as well as Mercer’s broader services as appropriate
- Grow a book of retainer and project relationships through new business presentations, RFP responses, and joint calling with other colleagues, both within IC and cross-LOB.
- Maintain marketplace visibility through public speaking engagements, participating in professional societies and publication or articles in appropriate trade journals.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related area, with strong quantitative and analytical course content.
- 5+ years’ experience in Investment consulting with proven ability to sell and deliver investments consulting services to senior business leaders.
- Experience in designing and developing ALM Models.
- Strong mathematical and financial skills and knowledge.
- Identifying suitable investment strategies with clients.
- In-depth market knowledge.
- Good knowledge of pensions industry, markets, investment managers and relevant legislation.
- Good understanding of specialist tools/packages used within the practice.
- Specialized knowledge of all investment products and services.
- Ability to consult on all products within the investment market and advise clients of appropriate choices for their situation.
- Proven experience in successful managing multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Highly analytical and have a mind for strategy while possessing good client-facing skills as well as good written and verbal communication.
- Experience in leading projects and managing client expectations.
- Advanced skills of Ms Office - Office, Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable, working environment.
- A strong command of spoken and written English is a must.
What makes you stand out?
- CFA Certification (Level I) or Figura 3 AMIB certification
- Strategic and creative.
- Energetic team player.
- Highly driven, confident, resilient, positive and motivated individual.
- Growth mindset.