About the Role
A Sales Executive t at Burgiss will be responsible for originating new business as well as maintaining existing client relationships for the Burgiss suite of products. Travel will be required within the designated sales territory to meet with clients/prospects regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products. The role entails positioning and closing sales with prospective clients, and upselling existing clients. Sales Specialists leverage their in-depth knowledge of the investment management process to identify needs, opportunities and selling our value proposition.
This role is highly visible, with involvement in all aspects of an account, including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, contract negotiation, sales closing, and ongoing relationship management. In this role, individuals will work very closely with Sales Management, Relationship Management, Client Service, Product Management, Legal, and Sales Operations.
Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience.
Scope and Key Responsibilities (Expectations):
• Achieve targeted quarterly and annual new net sales goals
• Develop strategic sales plan for allocated sales territory and/or strong sales pipeline for each allocated country and industry segment
• Lead client engagement, needs assessment, and solution pitches
• High-level contact with clients/prospects and other major industry participants
• Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts
• Work seamlessly with other departments (Client service, Research, Product Management, Legal, Billing) to ensure that all client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
• Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development while also providing feedback from clients to internal partners
• Proven record of successfully building and maintaining new relationships with sophisticated investors.
• Strong experience selling complex investment products and services to new clients
• Thorough understanding of the capital markets in general and private capital in particular; knowledge of and ability to leverage the decision-making process of private capital investors.
• Proven institutional sales closing skills and demonstrable track record in business development
• Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
Desired Experience AND Qualifications:
• Direct sales experience in the asset management, financial services and/or fintech space.
• Strong understanding of financial markets and the investment process
• Strong software skills and overall technical aptitude including comfort with systems for the analysis, reporting, storage and measurement of data.
• Excellence in both individual achievement as well as teamwork with a diverse set of departments
• Strong communication and negotiations skills
• Undergraduate Degree Required; Graduate level and/or a CFA or CAIA would be Advantageous
Information Classification: GENERAL
Life at Burgiss:
At Burgiss, you can expect:
• Competitive compensation packages
• 401(k) with employer match
• Multiple options for group medical, prescription, vision, and dental plans including FSA and HSA
• A corporate socially responsible company
• Tuition reimbursement
• Transit benefits
• Strong work-life balance
• Remote work opportunities
About Burgiss Group
Burgiss is a global, market-leading provider of data and analytics solutions for investors of private capital. With over 30 years of expertise in private markets, we offer unrivaled data, analytics and transparency that enable asset owners, asset managers and financial intermediaries to understand, evaluate and manage private capital portfolios. We partner with more than 1,000 firms in 32 countries, delivering data that represents over $7.8 trillion in private assets.
With offices throughout Asia Pacific, EMEA and the Americas, we leverage our expertise and network to service our clients and focus on their varying needs across regions. Further information is available at www.burgiss.com.
At Burgiss, our mission is to deliver essential data and investment management solutions to help global investors build better private capital portfolios. To do this, we are building a global team of individuals representative of the clients we serve. We are striving to foster a diverse and inclusive environment where different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints are welcomed and embraced. We recognize that advancing diversity and inclusion is a continuous commitment which connects us to our clients and communities.
Burgiss is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.