Investment Operations Associate
ABOUT SILICON VALLEY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is a regional catalyst, connector and collaborator. We bring together the resources and skills of donors, business, government and community to solve some of our region’s toughest challenges. We promote philanthropy in our region and support philanthropists to invest with impact. Through advocacy, research, policy and grantmaking, we seek systemic solutions to drive enduring community change. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a full-time exempt level position in location.
SVCF’s work environment is based on a holistic wellness approach and therefore, has embraced a hybrid remote/office work environment. All SVCF team members must be based and hold residency in California and must be able to regularly attend team and staff meetings, trainings and other gathering in Mountain View when required. This position will be required to be in the office two times a week.
All SVCF employees are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to onboarding. New employees can be considered for a medical or religious accommodation by providing the appropriate accommodation documentation. Documentation is provided upon request to Human Resources.
This position is a member of a small and highly collaborative team responsible for a wide variety of investments and complex gifted assets, with a commitment to delivering strong, consistent performance, efficient operations, clean audits and a quality customer experience. This position works closely with the Investment and Accounting teams to administer SVCF’s various investment programs. These include globally diversified investment pools, custom portfolios for donor advised funds, impact investment services, cryptocurrency management, planned gifts, and a place-based loans/impact investments.
This position is a key liaison between SVCF and its consultants, investment managers, custodians, brokers, banks and service providers. In this role, the Associate coordinates efficient “middle office” operations including transaction processing, cash transfers, completion of private investment subscription documents, onboarding new investments, replenishing crypto wallets, updating records and marketing materials, reporting and other duties. During audit season, the Associate is responsible for investment-related audit deliverables including valuation support of Level 3 assets. As a member of SVCF’s operations and enterprise-system user groups, the Associate represents Investments and works collaboratively with other teams to identify process improvements and integrate technology solutions.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in financial services with exposure to accounting, investment and audit operations, with a big-picture understanding of what is necessary to operate successfully. The ideal candidate is highly organized and results oriented, with excellent teamwork, attention to detail and time management skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement timely and accurate operations: manager transitions, transaction processing, cash transfers, rebalancing, capital calls and distributions, letters of instruction, fee processing, etc.
- Complete new account forms, subscription documents and onboarding of new investments.
- Maintain operational records in Black Diamond and enterprise systems: investment directory, authorized signers, contact logs, relationships, fee schedules, contracts, etc.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with external service providers to independently resolve operational issues in a timely and constructive manner.
- Process legal notices, class actions, proxies, regulatory compliance filings.
- Coordinate the preparation of investment-related audit deliverables including Level 3 valuation support, investment roll-forward, schedules, and financial statement tables.
- Ensure that updated investment results are posted in a timely manner: performance reports, fact sheets, webpages, PowerPoint library, donor portal, Box, Sharepoint files.
- Develop professional donor/client communications including historical fund activity reports and special projects as requested.
- Contribute to quarterly investment committee reporting.
- Develop and maintain written procedures.
- Work collaboratively with Accounting, IT and other teams to identify and implement process improvements and integrate technology solutions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLSETS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Professional and personal alignment with Silicon Valley Community Foundation’s values and mission
- At least 3-5 years of financial services experience in institutional or private wealth management operations
- Exposure to investment audit deliverables/processes and Level 3 valuations. Training or experience in investment accounting a plus.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint and Word, as well as business productivity software, like Black Diamond and project management tools. Advanced Excel skills.
- High degree of self-motivation, dedication and perseverance
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Proven track record of initiating and managing process improvements in past roles
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy is critical
- Effective critical thinking, technical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral language communications skills
- ability to work both independently and as a team member in varied activities and projects
- High ethical standards, compassion and genuine enthusiasm and passion for philanthropy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive and private data
- Entrepreneurial mindset: history of working in either startup environment or evolving organization a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND INCLUSION
Silicon Valley Community Foundation has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that is representative of our community.
SVCF is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, political affiliation, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
SVCF is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions, of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format and/or using specialized equipment.
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Banking Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors