Institutional Sales Analyst
Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management and strategic advisory firm committed to delivering a combination of first-class performance, strategic advice and the highest level of client service with offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Delaware, Frankfurt, London, New York, North Carolina, San Francisco, Singapore, Southern California, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm’s institutional and private clients are based in 50 states and more than 44 countries and territories and are served by over 800 colleagues worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm.
Brown Advisory, a rapidly growing investment management firm, is currently seeking an Institutional Sales Analyst to join the US Institutional Sales team. As a member of the team you will partner with the Regional Investment Consultant team to drive new business development and build relationships along the East Coast, focused on manager research teams within Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), Private Banks, and large Broker Dealer advisor teams. From a day to day basis, the candidate will focus his/ her time on developing an understanding of the sales process, working to increase team efficiencies and promoting Brown Advisory investment capabilities, where relevant.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with Regional Investment Consultants within assigned territory(ies) to effectively source new clients and build a diverse pipeline through process- oriented prospecting
- Achieve sales and activity goals as set by team leadership.
- Execute the established client service model to ensure clients are up to date on firm and performance
- Organizing the team’s Salesforce use and consistent approach
- Travel from time to time with sales team to participate in in person meetings
- Assist Sales team with prospecting target lists for RIAs and Broker Dealers within their territories, primarily East Coast
- Work across data system (Broadridge’s Sales Vision, Client Records, etc) to assist sales team with client data
- Coordinate PM travel for U.S. Institutional Sales team roadshows
- Support the sales team by maintaining contact and business/pipeline opportunities in Salesforce and help maintain and reconcile database information/contact data across various systems
- Using the team’s CRM (Salesforce) to generate monthly activity & asset reports for respective territory management
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years asset management experience
- Proactive, entrepreneurial self- starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Client Relationship Management (CRM) documentation
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) as well as attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in an office location
- Ability to comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
• Wellness program participation incentive
• Financial wellness program
• Gym membership discounts
• Fitness event fee reimbursement
• Corporate gym membership discounts
• Colleague Assistance Program
• Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
• Adoption Benefits
• Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
• Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Paid parental leave
• Group Long Term Disability
• Pet Insurance
• 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.