We are currently seeking an Investment Counsellor to join our Private Client Group. In this role, the Investment Counsellor works with our Private Client solutions, focusing on clients with assets in excess of $1 million. They meet with existing clients, prospective clients and the advisors who have referred the clients to our program. The Investment Counsellor uses our Investment Policy Questionnaire to determine the appropriate asset allocation for the client. The Investment Counsellor provides economic, market, and portfolio performance reviews with the clients on a regular basis, and ensures ongoing exchange of information takes place as it relates to the client’s total financial picture.
The role is part of a broader team of Wealth Planning professionals delivering a holistic investment and wealth planning experience to clients. While the Investment Counsellor's primary role is to manage the investment management relationship with the clients, they may also assist the referring advisors in prospecting and sales. The role also requires an ability to provide a superior service level to High-NetWorth Clients and referring advisors. Compensation is comprised of a base salary and bonus.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING •
- University degree in business or related discipline
- It is mandatory to be eligible for licensing by the Alberta Securities Commission upon hire as a portfolio manager/advising rep with discretionary authority
- CIM Designation (If not a CFA Charter holder in good standing) and/or CFA Charter or progress towards the CFA Charter; CFP designation is considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years of portfolio building experience in an IRROC or ICPM licensed capacity
- Ability to interact effectively with various types of people (advisors, assistants, clients)
- Ability to understand and interpret investment solutions, the markets, the economy and communicate to various audiences
- Must be able to travel – there is the possibility of up to 25% travel
YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our dedication to the Employee Experience at CI is aimed at supporting, empowering and inspiring our talented team through:
- Recognition & Compensation
- Training & Development
- Health & Well-being
- Communication & Feedback