Kinsted Wealth is a mid-sized, Calgary based, discretionary, portfolio management firm. The company was founded in 2003, with the vision to deliver wealth counselling better than it has ever been done before. Every day we work toward this by; offering clients access to a diverse range of investments, beyond a traditional stock and bond portfolio; reducing conflicts of interest; working to understand our client’s objectives; and through our business partners, helping clients identify and meet their evolving wealth and health needs.
As Research Analyst, you are a key part of the Kinsted team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and be a part of the entire business. You will play a vital role as you assist in research, investment strategies, capital calls, asset allocation and supporting the other teams in Kinsted in their roles. You will work under the guidance of the Chief Investment Officer to meet the needs of our employees and clients.
- Understand and be able to evaluate different classes of assets and select appropriately for inclusion in Kinsted Pools
- Participate in research and review of new asset classes and investment strategies as well as helping formulate recommendations and analysis to support the investment diligence process related to investment strategies and CIO decisions across asset classes
- Monitor investment performance of pool holdings, participate in money manager reviews while being involved in the development of monthly/quarterly reports and analysis on Pool holding
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on external investment managers and strategies • Help provide quarterly reports and analysis on Pool and Composite performances
- Monitor capital calls and distributions from private holdings and communicate those to pool custodian • Monitor cash exposures in each of the Pools
- Ensure Kinsted’s private holdings are being accounted for properly by Fund administrator
- Monitor asset mixes of client portfolios to ensure consistency with targets
- Understand and have practical knowledge of the integration of all asset classes especially alternatives into portfolios managed by Kinsted
- Evaluate impact of strategic and tactical asset allocation decisions and impact on client portfolios
- Assist the CIO and senior investment staff in working with managing the day-to-day administration of the pools and other ad-hoc projects
- Ensure daily settlement totals for Credential Asset Management (CAM) and Credential Qtrade Securities (CQSI) match the central depository
- Process trade requests from Wealth Counsellors
- Back-up trader in the absence of the Senior Trader
Behaviours, Skills, and Competencies
- 5+ years of investment experience is required, preferably in multi-asset equities, fixed income, alternatives, and/or asset allocation. Specialized asset classes experience in private alternatives is also relevant and helpful.
- Experience in external investment managers research, selection and monitoring is highly preferred.
- Broad financial markets knowledge and specialized subject matter expertise and/or across asset classes, including derivatives.
- Strong teamwork-based approach and a passion for investments.
- Proficiency in risk analytics systems would be an asset
- MBA, CFA, CAIA or another advanced degree related to investments, economics finance, and/or quantitative analysis is preferred.
To learn more about Kinsted, please visit www.kinsted.com Applications: To learn more or apply for this role, please send a resumé by email to Sarah Ince at firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Only successful candidates will be contacted.