Sr. Associate, Controllership - Financial Analytics
Our Financial Analytics team utilizes a wide spectrum of data, statistical and rules-based methods, and explanatory/predictive modeling to deliver reporting and guidance to the Controller and CFO organization. We are responsible for the design, testing, and execution of all accounting reporting supporting SEC Reporting, IFRS, and other legal and regulatory efforts. Additionally, we are responsible for the development of multiple expert judgement models supporting the accretion process for SC and SBNA.
This role will have high visibility and be responsible for the timely reporting, maintenance, and continual improvement of our financial reporting systems and accretion models.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver who can probe nebulous problems and provide strategic direction on optimization/enhancement opportunities. The candidate should demonstrate intellectual curiosity, the willingness to teach others, and be adaptive to changing business and technical hurdles. Must have the ability to develop, debug and maintain complex reports and queries using SQL. Must have experience working within a financial institution working across multiple database environments (Oracle and MS SQL Server preferred). Must have an understanding of underlying financial statement drivers, and interconnectivity between I/S, B/S, Cash flow statement, etc. Background and experience in financial services, preferred. Big 4 experience preferred.
- Writes scripts for importing and exporting data into enterprise applications, maintaining the integrity of the data across the applications.
- Use Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle to extract data and share information for automated reporting in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior leadership.
- Leverage financial knowledge and business acumen to execute ad-hoc projects and analysis, draw conclusions, and present recommendations with little guidance
- Lead strategic development of key database enhancement exercises (Development consists of designing tables, storing procedures, views and functions).
Qualifications & Core Competencies:
- CPA, CFA preferred
- Undergrad Degree in Finance/Accounting/STEM/Information Technology/Data Science
- SAS Experience 7-10 years (SAS Certification, base or advanced, preferred)
- Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server- SQL Experience 7+ years
- Excel 7+ years
- Tableau 1-5 Years
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Work Experience: 9+ years ; Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar field within the Banking or Financial Services Industry
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced accounting practices and procedures, including US GAAP/IFRS and regulatory reporting standards.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters.
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups (e.g. business units) outside of Corporate Accounting to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.