Credit Analyst, Fixed Income
What is the opportunity?
RBC Global Asset Management (“RBC GAM”) is a North American-based asset management firm with global scope and industry-leading investment management capabilities. The GAM group of companies, including Phillips, Hager & North (PH&N) and BlueBay Asset Management, manage approximately $566B in assets worldwide.
In your role as Credit Analyst, RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM), you will work closely with members of the PH&N Credit team in Vancouver assisting with and performing credit research and generating trade ideas. Other duties likely include portfolio monitoring and corporate bond trade assistance. For more information, please visit: https://www.rbcgam.com/en/ca
What will you do?
- Fixed income credit analysis done independently and with team members, resulting in assessments of key credit risks and general credit worthiness, serving as inputs into investment decision making. Areas of analysis will include: company specific financial and fundamental profiles and expectations, ESG factors, industry dynamics, general credit and liquidity risks, relative value analysis, etc.
- Work directly as a member of the PH&N credit team on a day to day basis, participating in formal periodic meetings discussing credit analysis conclusions as well as more frequent informal communications as corporate bond fundamentals and markets dictate.
- Monitor individual credits and sectors to determine if changing conditions warrant changes in exposures within credit portfolios or credit portions of broader portfolios.
- Monitor credit risk exposures and assist with corporate bond trade allocations across portfolios with a view towards consistency across portfolios and portfolio cohorts.
- Work within a broader, high-performing, diverse, multi-disciplinary Fixed Income team.
What do you need to succeed?
- Highly analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Preference to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks and activities that can change as markets dictate.
- Ability to make decisions under limited time and information constraints.
- A natural curiosity about capital markets and investing.
Nice to Have
- A degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a field of study that builds a strong background for analysis.
- CFA Charter holder or desire and demonstrated aptitude/background to pursue CFA designation.
- Strong computer skills including experience in Excel/VBA or Python/SQL or Bloomberg.
- Experience in the investment industry.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies