Institutional Credit Analyst
Sobre a vaga
About The Job
As part of Financial Institutions Coverage within Global Banking, Institutional Credit Analysts Team is in charge of the credit approval processes of all institutional clients, intragroup entities, sovereigns, and market infrastructures
In this domain the Credit Team is responsible for completing the credit analysis for financial institutions and BP2S clients (including due diligence when necessary), in particular, ensuring that credit analyses and recommendations are provided in due time for Banks, Insurances, Sovereigns, Brokers, other non-banks financial institutions, pensions funds, funds, hedge funds, regulated funds, funds of hedge funds, agency arrangements and asset managers
The Credit Team performs credit analysis and provides credit recommendations on their respective scope to Credit Committees, Transaction Approval Committees when the credit opinion on a specific counterparty is required, other RISK entities, Business Units or functions in response to general enquiries, or Portfolio Review committees
The Credit Team guarantees the selection and the follow-up of counterparties considered Doubtful, under Watch List or sensitive list, accurately evaluates the level of provisioning, guarantees the quality of credit files and portfolios (notably by complying with regulatory framework e.g. Basel III requirements, including credit policies, rating policies and other Group guidelines), develops local market intelligence by performing desk research (financial statement analysis, monitoring of published research), maintains a network of Industry contacts and performs on site due diligence, while guaranteeing the availability of local market information and views on risk issues are communicated swiftly and effectively
The Credit Team is a main partner for the Senior Credit Officers and their “binomes” for the clients covered by the financial institution credit process and is also in constant interaction with other business lines for uncovered clients
Your Main Activities Are
INSTITUTIONAL CREDIT ANALYSIS
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the counterparties/groups under own responsibility, while developing market intelligence through all available sources of credit, economic, and financial information.
- Coordinate with the Coverage and Métiers the credit risk assessment of the counterparties, including any material transaction or risk information provided by the Relationship Manager Pilot or the Binome
- Ensuring that the counterparty data management is conducted well, namely on-boarding, collection of documents, and commensurate limits update
- Following the credit risk analysis, timely prepare the Credit Proposal capturing the recommendations for delegation holders, commensurate with the risk appetite and Coverage commercial strategy, in compliance with Bank's guidelines
- Formalise the credit decision proposal in the internal credit workflow tool
- Present the proposals to the delegation holders and/or credit committees for decision
- Participate to due diligences in collaboration with Coverage and Métiers
- Manage the annual review process, and simple ad-hoc requests on own portfolio
RISK MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Continuously monitor the portfolio of counterparties under own responsibility, jointly with Credit Risk Control, monitoring excesses, anticipating risks, and detecting any credit issues that may require a specific review
- Contribute to periodic and ad-hoc portfolio review and risk reporting for counterparties under scope
- Contribute to and attend the Watch List and Doubtful committees for counterparties in own portfolio
These topics will allow for numerous interactions with a large variety of global stakeholders across diverse functions
The successful applicant will be very much part of the EMEA team that will allow her/him to build up an extensive knowledge of the market
Profile And Skills To Success
- Masters Degree in Finance, Risk Management or Banking
- Up to 2 years in a similar role
- Fluent English
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
- Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
- International reach
BNP Paribas Holds Key Positions In Its Three Core Operating Divisions
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success.
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
- Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
- Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
At least 2 years
PRT - CIB
Job Number: 2207GBK12076