Product Control Analyst – Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
he Finance Division acts as a strategic partner across business lines. Professionals within the division work closely with the management teams of Citigroup's many departments, adding value to the firm's operations through strategic analysis and hands-on participation in planning and in process redesign. The Finance Division consists of Treasury, Tax, Controllers, Accounting Policy and Planning and Analysis.
The Controller's area is responsible for a variety of activities related to the Firm's financial reporting and controls. The division is divided into different areas of specialization where each group features a unique set of responsibilities that include both analytical and accounting roles.
Product Control, as part of the Controllers Division, acts as a strategic partner across business lines. Product Control is responsible for calculating, analyzing and explaining the financial performance of each desk within Citi. To this end a Product Controller must understand the business strategies, products, accounting, valuation, hedging, funding, risk management and regulatory implications.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your analytical skills while increasing your knowledge across a variety of financial products, systems and processes.
For this role, the candidate will support desks within the ICG BCMA (Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory) segment which includes M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions), CMO (Capital Markets Origination) and CPM (Corporate Portfolio Management). Products covered within these segments include M&A, Loans, Bonds and Equities in addition to Structured Products such as Leases and Renewable Energy.
In this role, the candidate will be exposed to various products as well as the income statement and balance sheet reporting of these products. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with Front Office and Operations to understand exposures and movement of Balance Sheet and PL to aid reporting while providing daily written and verbal commentary on the business and market dynamics affecting these numbers. Alongside the reporting, the candidate is expected to detect and work on various efficiency based projects, while collaborating with other functions across the Citi team.
- Daily P&L production and reporting for desks within the BCMA segment.
- Daily financial close out of transactions including Income Statement analysis, journal entry posting responsibility and validation of ledger balances.
- Maintaining awareness of accounting and regulatory changes affecting P&L reporting
- Coordination of Global P&L daily reporting
- Track and reconcile payables and receivables
- Participate on business specific projects and research
- Assist in balance sheet reviews and reporting for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Interaction with middle office, operations, risk management, business unit management, technology and other Finance functions will be necessary to resolve issues
- Developing and providing analytics / metrics for the management team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial products
- Effective written, verbal and telephone based communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Goals and solutions oriented as well as self- drive
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors