Product Control Analyst 2 - Equities
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
The Finance Division acts as a strategic partner across business lines. Professionals within the division work closely with the management teams of Citigroup's many departments, adding value to the firm's operations through strategic analysis and hands-on participation in planning and in process redesign. The Finance Division consists of Treasury, Tax, Controllers, Accounting Policy and Planning and Analysis.
The Controller's area is responsible for a variety of activities related to the Firm's financial reporting and controls. The division is divided into different areas of specialization where each group features a unique set of responsibilities that include both analytical and accounting roles.
Currently, the Equity Markets Product Control area is seeking an analyst to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your analytical skills and increase your knowledge of how equity and equity derivative products are traded and utilized in financial markets. The candidate will be placed within a team that supports the North American Equities Trading business. In this role, the candidate will be exposed to various equity based products, as well as the income statement and balance sheet reporting of these products, additionally the candidate will work closely with traders to understand risk based attributions of the reporting while providing daily written and verbal commentary on the business and market dynamics impacting these numbers. Alongside the reporting the candidate will be asked to detect, and remediate various efficiency based projects, while collaborating with various functions across the Citi team.
• Daily Profit and Loss (P&L) analysis and reporting
• Utilize the front office risk system’s Profit Attribution Analysis (PAA) to help explain the daily PnL movements for the day and ensure daily trading movements are accurate
• Preparation of market commentaries to explain significant P&L movements and events
• Reconciliation of income statement and balance sheet during month end close
• Networking with other areas of Finance to ensure policies and procedures are consistently adhered to
• Collaborating with cross functional teams, including front office, market risk, and operations to resolve open risks
• Performing analysis for ad hoc requests regarding regulatory, valuation, risk and operational concerns.
• Four year bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, or other related disciplines
• Strong understanding of Financial Analysis, Markets, and Products
• Effective written, verbal, and telephone based communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills are a must; other financial systems are a plus