Associate Strategy Specialist
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position works closely with Touchstone’s Investment Strategy Specialists in supporting the Sales Organization and external constituencies throughout the sales cycle. Heavy emphasis is placed on analytical work such as practice analysis reviews, portfolio analyses, fund evaluations, and competitive comparisons that are used to deliver differentiable value to advisor businesses and to successfully position Touchstone strategies in advisor portfolios. This individual also contributes to the Specialist Team’s effort in regularly tracking Specialist activities and impacts, and providing internal training to the Sales Organization.
- Produce output on a timely basis for sales staff to deliver to advisors, facilitating competitive comparisons, portfolio analyses and practice reviews. Generate Practice Analysis reports for advisors on a timely basis and assist ISSs in preparing and delivering Practice Analysis Reviews to advisors. Assist Investment Strategy Specialists in preparation and dissemination of fund positioning and competitor insights. Collaborate closely with members of Touchstone’s Specialist, Investment Research and Product Teams to cultivate a deep understanding of Touchstone fund sub-advisors, strategies and positioning in order to represent all facets of products internally and externally Prepare timely, accurate and regular updates to senior management and other stakeholders regarding activities and sales impact of the Specialist Team. Assist in development of content and training for sales staff. May participate at times in training sessions. Consult sales management as needed for guidance regarding specific field interactions. Performs other duties as assigned by management and Investment Strategy Specialists.
- At least two years of experience in the financial services industry is a must with a preference for experience in the mutual fund industry and solid understanding of mutual funds and investment concepts. Demonstrated strong communication skills (both written and verbal) are required. Proven attention to detail is a must given the analytical nature of the position. Proven experience handling multiple duties and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Cite examples of self-motivation and experience working under limited supervision.
- Works in an office setting that frequently requires being in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings. Performs frequent movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous work.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business-related field
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite) Fluency with Morningstar.com, Morningstar Direct or other investment management databases is a plus.
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- FINRA Series 6 or 7, 63 and 65 (or 66 in lieu of 63/65) required or obtained within first six months Working on or wiling to pursue CFA, MBA, CIMA and/or CAIA
- Extended hours required during peak workloads, special projects. Occasional travel required.