Portfolio & Data Analytics Specialist
This position will support the business development, marketing and client service teams, with primary responsibilities to include: (1) preparing comprehensive data analytics on the firm’s existing portfolios to uncover performance trends, factor exposures, and other quantitative details that will lead to better product positioning; (2) creating detailed performance and product reports to assist with sales growth and finals presentations; (3) responding to ad-hoc client and prospective client requests on product positioning, characteristics, exposure, etc., and (4) assisting with development of new ESG reporting and monitoring frameworks for products. This position does not have performance reporting or compliance responsibilities; it is more forward-looking and application oriented with a focus on how to use data to compete better in the marketplace and better service our clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce portfolio characteristics and performance reports that include rankings, comparisons, and peer group studies to continually monitor how we are doing on an absolute and relative basis across all of our products.
- Portfolio analytics to provide product focus including: US REITs, Global Real Estate, Global Listed Infrastructure, and Clean Energy.
- Identify buys and sells amongst peers and how/why we are similar, or different, from quarter to quarter.
- Produce data that will help us both anticipate questions from sales prospects and existing clients regarding the market, our investment universe, our holdings, or a comparable private market.
- Help sales team prepare for finals presentations with competitive analysis and content creation.
- Identify trends, factor tilts, and risk exposures within our investment strategies. Utilize self-generated analysis as well as other data and output from around the firm (i.e., portfolio management, risk, etc.)
- Support client service and marketing with ad-hoc requests.
- Assist with special projects around marketing, new initiatives, bespoke client requests and other portfolio and data related information that could be helpful to existing clients or new prospects.
- Review and assist with creating RFP content.
- Create ESG reporting and ESG portfolio assessments utilizing MSCI ESG Manager (or similar type software) for all of our products.
- Produce ongoing maintenance reports that incorporate various data including: ESG ratings, SDG exposures and specific reporting disclosures such as UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Assist with European ESG reporting including Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulations (SFDR) and Principal Adverse Impact (PAI) indicators and monitor best practices by industry and peers.
- Other duties as assigned by the EMD or other senior management as requested.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses, skills required)
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years relevant investment management experience.
- Master’s degree in data analytics/math and CFA designation a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with a thorough understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, and economics. Real Asset experience a plus but not required.
- Must be inquisitive and intellectually curious, able to independently learn new technologies, skills, and industry standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data models with multiple sources and data transformation for practical applications
- Expertise in the nuances of ESG data and reporting including philosophical underpinnings, data structure and quality, and evolving regulatory requirements preferred.
- Excellent written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities and work independently (self-starter).
- Excellent skills with technology and data. Proficient with eVestment, Morningstar Direct, FactSet, Bloomberg, MSCI, Sustainalytics, etc.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid office environment (i.e., combination of in-office and remote work).
- Willingness to work within a flexible schedule to meet client needs.
- Ability to travel periodically as required.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to operate a computer and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors