Angeles Investments is a multi-asset investment firm founded to provide sophisticated, customized, global investment solutions to institutional and private wealth clients. The firm has been employee-owned since its founding in 2001 with offices in Santa Monica, New York City, Chicago and Houston. As of March 2022, Angeles oversaw approximately $6.5 billion in fully discretionary assets as well as $36.1 billion in non-discretionary assets. More information is available on our website at www.angelesinvestments.com.
Angeles seeks a highly motivated and talented individual to partner with the firm's senior Investment Officers to support sophisticated, institutional client relationships. Investment Officers are our clients’ de facto Chief Investment Officers, responsible for designing and implementing portfolio strategy and managing client relationships. This role encompasses a broad range of responsibilities related to the effective management of clients’ investment portfolios including, but not limited to:
- Client Engagement (70%): Partner with the Investment Officer team to convey the firm’s outlook and strategy to clients, develop customized investment policy statements and build portfolios based on client-specific needs, recommend investment strategies across all asset classes, monitor performance of portfolios, and deepen relationships with sophisticated institutional clients.
- Investment Research & Analysis (10)%: Research and recommend investment managers for inclusion in client portfolios and manager monitoring. Coverage includes traditional and alternative managers (i.e., hedge funds, private equity).
- Business Development (10%): Contribute to business development efforts as needed by actively supporting finals presentations and Request for Proposals, as well as participating in new business meetings.
- Special Projects (10%): Collaborate with internal colleagues across the organization to improve technological, operational and investment processes that enable Angeles to support our clients’ success and organizational growth.
- Five years plus professional experience ideally in a finance- or investment-related capacity
- An advanced degree with an emphasis on Finance or Economics, such as an MBA, preferred
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation (or progress towards) preferred
- Demonstrated success in highly team-oriented, collaborative environments
- Excellent communication skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Exceptional analytical capabilities combined with the ability to communicate complex topics and data in an accessible fashion
- Personable with the ability to develop strong internal and external professional relationships
- Highly ethical, intellectually curious, proactive, detailed-oriented, and ability to multi-task
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary based on experience; annual discretionary bonus included with potential for profit-sharin Medical and dental coverage 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match Flexible work arrangements as well as parental leave and support Annual volunteer time-off CFA and educational expense reimbursement
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter (both required) outlining your interest in and skill-set alignment with the role. All communications should be sent to email@example.com.