Chief Investment Officer
The CIO will report directly to the CEO and be a key member of the investment and executive teams. The CIO functions as an independent and objective body that ensures the preservation of the firm's asset portfolios. This position ensures fund management operates in line with the overarching mandates of the firm and within the mandates established for each individual fund.. The CIO will provide leadership for portfolio managers across asset classes and be a crucial member of the investment committee as well as contributing to the firm's overall management and culture.
- Provide objective guidance to support the organization meet its long-term financial objectives and enduring investment culture.
- Foster collaborative environment amongst investment team while serving as lead for portfolio managers across asset classes.
- Monitor fund performance of various investment strategies against benchmarks including, but not limited to, market indices, industry standards and historical performance
- Regularly meet with research professionals and recommend updates, as appropriate, to the firm's or funds investment policies based on current market conditions
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, ethical standards, and licensing requirements.
- Present on investment style, philosophy and process to clients in group settings and at industry events, with goal of increasing growth in assets under management.
- Present to Investment Committee on regular basis, to highlight fund performance and team’s outlook for markets
- 10+ years of experience in portfolio management, fund management or equivalent with emphasis on cross-asset exposure.
- Experience in leading dynamic teams of senior investment individuals.
- Ability to evaluate and execute decisions objectively based on empirical data while maintaining fund theses.
- Proven and demonstrated strategic and operational planning and implementation capability.
- Strong alignment with firm's investment philosophy and outlook.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Educational background in Finance, Business or similar with graduate degrees and professional accreditations, considered an asset.