WEALTH ADVISOR - INVESTMENT SPECIALIST
Wealth Advisor, Investment Specialist
Are you an experienced advisor with a passion for working collaboratively to serve clients and manage portfolios? Do you love the nature of the investment markets and seek to share your experience and continue to grow as part of a team? Are you looking to grow your career by helping lead client relationships and developing new business along the way?
Bartlett Wealth Management is seeking a Wealth Advisor with a focus on investment management. The role is responsible for maintaining and enhancing existing client relationships by providing investment management services and developing new business opportunities with private clients (including high-net-worth individuals and families, retirement accounts, and foundations). This position works collaboratively with financial planning-focused Advisors and other specialists to understand the client’s unique financial objectives and deliver the most appropriate client centered advice.
Provide top quality client service.
- Serving as a team member, form relationships with clients who are currently served by another Bartlett advisor in preparation of succession planning and a transition between primary advisors over time. Build upon current client relationships including relationship development with client beneficiaries. Discuss investment strategies with clients to ensure current strategies are relevant and continuing to meet their needs, goals, and objectives. Develop and maintain consistent client contact and communications to ensure maximum client satisfaction. Develop and maintain strong relationships with client’s other professional advisors (i.e., accountants, lawyers, etc.).
Management of client investments.
- Apply investment strategies to meet client’s needs, goals, and objectives. Oversee account management and trading to rebalance accounts, manage cash, and incorporate changes in investment strategies throughout client portfolios.
Develop additional revenue producing business.
- Develop new business relationships through community involvement, professional networks, and personal networks. Build upon current client relationships to develop additional new business. Leverage centers of influence to develop and expand referral networks. Work with advisors and others in the firm to identify and cultivate new business opportunities. Establish a presence in the community and become a Bartlett Ambassador.
If the qualifications are established and a desire exists, the individual in this role may provide research and investment support through the following tasks.
- Assist with the research and oversight of external managers available on the Bartlett platform through the Bartlett Fund Advantage teams and the Family Office Solutions alternative investment selections. Work alongside individuals currently running the various offerings with the goal of enhancing the structure, research process, due diligence efforts, communication, and portfolio management of the strategies over time. Active engagement across all investment teams including equities, Bartlett Fund Advantage, fixed income, and alternatives. Support the investment strategy of the firm through participation in the Strategic Asset Allocation Committee. Participate in the weekly equity meetings, and in fixed income team meetings.
The ideal associate will:
- Have a strong work ethic and commitment to success. Have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Possess a passion for and a commitment to providing superior client service and ability to build and maintain strong relationships, both externally and internally. Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and interpret, gather objective information, negotiate, and respond to all levels of interaction. Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and with a wide array of people. Be a strategic thinker, creative problem solver and competent decision maker. Have a sense of urgency with a strong attention to detail. Act with a high degree of integrity and ethics, both personally and professionally. Be able to work successfully in an entrepreneurial environment. Be articulate, have a professional demeanor, and present a good image. Have strong aptitude and proficiency in technology solutions, including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications, portfolio management software, etc., and the ability to adapt to new office technology. Have an awareness and understanding of compliance issues within the investment industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- CFA strongly desired; will also consider the CFP, an advanced industry-related degree, and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant, client-facing experience, preferably with an RIA/wealth management firm serving high-net-worth clients.
- Strong, broad-based knowledge of the wealth management business, allowing for capable articulation of the firm’s strategy on investments within the context of an overall wealth management plan.
- Strong understanding of investments and considerable experience working with individual securities and funds.
150 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606
The Bartlett Wealth Management Chicago office consists of 13 professionals and has about $2 billion in assets under management as of 12/31/2021.
Bartlett’s headquarters are in Cincinnati, Ohio and in total employs 68 employees and has about $8 billion in assets under management as of 12/31/2021.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to: https://apply.workable.com/j/AD9EE3ADEA
Bartlett Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer