Capstone Asset Management Inc. is a Portfolio Manager, Investment Fund Manager and Exempt Market Dealer serving clients in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland & Labrador.
Holding to Biblically informed values, we provide discretionary investment management and mandate specific solutions to clients including high net worth individuals and families, institutions, pensions, foundations, family offices, and third-party Portfolio Managers.
Title: Senior / Junior Analyst
Reporting to: Chief Investment Officer
Location: Langley, BC
Summary of Position:
Capstone Asset Management seeks a motivated Investment Analyst who, as part of the Investment Management Team, will provide fundamental, quantitative and technical research and analysis to assist in managing proprietary pools and separately managed accounts. Your background in the investment industry, coupled with your technology expertise, will provide the platform for you to further develop our existing technology to enhance our research and portfolio management. Capstone is looking for a self-starter, organized team player who aligns with our philosophical values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Research/Analysis & Technical Oversight
- As a member of the Investment Management Team, perform analysis on a wide range of potential and current investments including qualitative and quantitative reports, screens, and analytics to support the work of developing stable and profitable portfolios within the company’s proprietary funds and separately managed accounts
- Manage, maintain and update Due Diligence on existing Investments
- Oversee and provide reporting to the Investment Management Team and Investment Committee
- Develop and maintain tools that generate robust and accurate reporting on investments, economic data, and our funds
- Provide risk metrics and analysis on the current funds
- Research and assess new traditional and non-traditional investment opportunities for existing and future funds
- Perform company research for separately managed account portfolios
- Provide quantitative model creation and maintenance
- Support the data, research and fund information needs of the Portfolio Managers and Private Wealth Team
- Write research reports for the Investment Management Team and Investment Committee for existing and new Investments
- Perform trades as necessary
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience and/or Advanced Education in fundamental and quantitative research and analysis
- Strong mathematical background
- Experience with financial statement analysis, equity research and valuation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multi-task while remaining organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to complete industry courses
- Travel may be required
Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
Capstone thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.