Private Equity Specialist
Sobre a vaga
- Master's degree in business, finance, economics, econometrics, or a related field; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in private equity, investment banking, M&A advisory, consulting, financial services or similar field with a successful track record is required
- Solid understanding of private equity/principal investors market and due diligences (incl. market modeling, expert interviews, external report analyses, conducting surveys) preferred
- Experience in developing and leveraging digital (analytical) tools is a plus
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of working in a dynamic and changing environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical and quantitative skills
- Outstanding people skills, strong team orientation, and a professional attitude
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What You'll Do
You will help to further develop our Private Equity and Principal Investors practice by supporting our client projects with expertise throughout the entire investment cycle.
In this capacity, you will work with the entire deal cycle, ranging from target screening, company profiling, market and commercial assessment as well as exit preparation This also includes the development and management of digital tools in the process.
You will work with PEPI leadership in Europe to further standardize and digitize the way we approach and serve clients.
In this role your tasks will range from building digitally enhanced market models and the development of detailed industry views. You will build, maintain, and manage PEPI practices' knowledge assets in digital formats. Also, you will leverage existing and develop new standardized due diligence modules such as market models, customer survey design, expert interviews and synthesizing external reports.
You will deliver these standard modules during proposals and on client projects in collaboration with other McKinsey colleagues.
You will evaluate which existing McKinsey digital solutions can be leveraged during a PEPI project and tailor it to the settings accordingly. Moreover, you will support in the development of McKinsey PEPI tools and applications (for internal and client related topics).
In addition, as a more senior professional you will coach and supervise more junior colleagues in the team.
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Lisbon and will be part of our Private Equity Insights Center for EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa). As part of our Client Capabilities Network you will be helping our Private Equity and Principal Investors practice through sector (e.g., technology, media, telecom, healthcare, consumer, fintech, industrials, etc.) expertise.
The PEPI Insights Center is tasked with further improving the way we are serving our private market clients by delivering consistent and high quality due diligences, portfolio company transformations and strategic and organizational engagements, including further adoption and development of digital solutions.
You will work in a fast-growing, dynamic industry with broad exposure to very diverse markets and to develop a thorough understanding of how investors assess markets and targets together with colleagues and Private Equity practitioners worldwide.