Derivatives & Environmental Products Trader
Sobre a vaga
The team aims to coordinate and execute hedging strategies to manage Galp’s strategic and operational market risks, by trading financial commodity derivatives, according with internal guidelines.
Additionally, the team is working as an Environmental Products desk and is responsible to develop the Carbon Offsets activity.
What you’ll do
- Special focus on the development of the Carbon Offsets activity, supporting the Offsets Foundations project by sourcing and scouting trading opportunities in the voluntary carbon market and designing Galp’s sourcing strategy going forward;
- Analyze, structure and execute trades on Exchanges (trading platforms) and OTC (Over the Counter) markets: checking market levels, negotiating, trading spot and forward, pricing internal clients’ orders;
- Propose potential trading strategies and its pros and cons given the requests and internal frameworks;
- Optimize the Desk P&L always subject to the risk limits (under the Delegation of Powers) and applying risk management measurements and concepts, including statistical analysis, back-testing, stress-testing and scenario analysis;
- Manage networking and social relationship with Counterparties;
- Continuously monitoring, analysis and research of the Energy Market;
- Support other activities and projects that appear transversal and relevant to the Group.
What you’ll need
- Degree / Master in Economics, Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related areas;
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English is a must have;
- Strong computer skills, from the user's perspective: MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and PowerBI);
- Ability to think outside the box;
- Accuracy, reliability, and sense of responsibility;
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Strong negotiation skills, result‑oriented and proactivity;
- Origination profile is a plus.
Deadline for Applications
August 18, 2022
At Galp, we promote equality of opportunity and treatment of people regardless of gender, age, religion or belief, different capabilities, sexual orientation, political ideology, race or ethnicity. We believe that diversity creates value and strengthens the Group´s relationships and culture.