Sr. Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Analyst
Following the restructuring of RWE Renewables into three Operating Companies, with new reporting lines into RWE AG, RWE Renewables Americas, LLC (“OPAM”) is seeking an experienced financial reporting and technical accounting analyst to support the transition into the new reporting structure and OPAM’s significant growth targets spanning the United States, Canada, Mexico and Chile markets.
The Senior Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Analyst role is a very unique opportunity, blending interesting content from two of the OPAM Accounting department’s main focus areas. The successful candidate will spend approximately 50% of his/her time supporting the creation, review and audit of financial statements under both IFRS and US GAAP, and approximately 50% of his/her time advising the business on application guidance of existing accounting rules and supporting technical accounting analysis on new business endeavors.
- Support the preparation, review and issuance of OPAM’s IFRS group reporting packages to RWE AG, to meet annual and quarterly external reporting requirements.
- Perform recurring and ad hoc analysis on the OPAM IFRS RWE AG Group reporting package for internal customers, and support the independent external auditor’s review of the same.
- Help ensure technical compliance under IFRS and in line with the RWE Group Accounting Policies, including support of complex group reporting related topics.
- Support the preparation, review and issuance of OPAM’s US GAAP standalone project reporting packages to external investors, to meet annual and quarterly external reporting requirements.
- Perform recurring and ad hoc analysis on the OPAM US GAAP standalone project reporting packages for both internal and external customers, and support the independent external audits of the same.
- Establish and maintain best practices related to the preparation of the RWE AG Group IFRS and standalone project US GAAP financial reporting packages.
- Review various financing, M&A, procurement, commercial, leasing and other renewable energy related contracts, helping to ensure the business understands and accepts the financial statement impact of such contracts on both the OPAM segment and RWE AG as a whole.
- Help advise the business on ways to make contracts more beneficial for RWE both in an overall commercial business sense and in an accounting sense.
- Help advise the OPAM Finance community on application of both IFRS and US GAAP accounting guidance to new and existing transactions, both for historical reporting and future forecasting.
- Assist in special projects related to RWE AG.
- Maintain a high quality, deliverable-focused culture within the team.
- Dedication to continuously improve the efficiency of the accounting and reporting process.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- 4-5 years of Big 4 audit and advisory experience (preferred)
- CPA or equivalent (required)
- Experience with the preparation (or audit) of annual consolidated audited financial statements with footnotes under both IFRS and US GAAP (required)
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word and PowerPoint (required)
- Experience in large, diverse, international corporate environment (preferred)
- Proficient knowledge in the use of ERP systems such as SAP and RWE Consolidation systems (preferred)
- Experience with or proficient knowledge of tax equity partnerships or similar structures (preferred)
- Wind energy project development, power industry, and/or real estate partnership experience (helpful)