Institutional Analyst, Alternative Investments and Global Fixed Income
What is the opportunity?
RBC Global Asset Management (“RBC GAM”) is a North American-based asset management firm with global scope and industry-leading investment management capabilities. PH&N Institutional is the Canadian institutional business of RBC GAM and is widely considered a thought leader amongst investment consultants and institutional clients alike, based on a long term track record of delivering exceptional investment solutions and service. Please visit: https://institutional.phn.com for more information.
As an Institutional Analyst you will provide support to the PH&N Institutional team, with a primary focus on Alternative Investments and Global Fixed Income.
What will you do?
- Support PH&N Institutional’ s Alternative investments and global fixed income capability specialist team with production and maintenance of client and prospect facing materials across a variety of asset classes and strategy types including slides, research, and sales materials as required.
- Assist in creating content, organizing production, reviewing and distributing client reporting (monthly, quarterly and on request) as well as preparing presentations, data analysis and other forms of client communication on an ad hoc basis
- Compose written market analyses and create and maintain charts and slides
- Play a key role in the day-to-day support of client mandates including mandate structuring, cash flow management, and compliance monitoring
- Support research/creative analysis for white papers, product development, and internal/external seminars etc.
- Work with our client relationship management system to capture key business development activities, mandate extensions, critical client info updates
- Work with legal, Investment Portfolio Managers and other organizational teams to construct and maintain IMAs, SIPPs, and IPS and on-boarding of new clients
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 3 years investment and financial services (or related) industry experience
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in finance, economics or mathematics is preferred
- CFA candidate or willingness to pursue the designation
- Superior literacy of Microsoft office applications, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Given nature of the role, will be required to have a flexible work schedule including extensive pre-approved overtime at quarter end
- Team player, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multitask in order to meet tight deadlines while maintaining a very high degree of accuracy
- Strong professional written and verbal communications skills
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of commonly used financial programs such as Bloomberg/Factset, PC Bond Analytics, FMC, Salesforce (CRM), etc.
- Experience or familiarity with private or public market alternative investments
- Capable problem solver who demonstrates strategic thinking, common sense and sound judgement
What’s in it for you?
At RBC GAM, we thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Please apply online to www.rbc.com/careers