Senior Analyst - Corporate Finance
The BDO Perth Corporate Finance team comprises 50+ finance professionals across Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Transaction Services, Valuations, and Financial Modelling, making us one of the largest Corporate Finance teams in Perth.
Internationally, BDO is the world’s leading mid-market professional service firm with global revenue of US$11.8 billion and 95,000+ people working out of 1,700 offices in 167 countries and territories.
About the Role
We are seeking a bright and enthusiastic Senior Analyst to become part of our market leading Mergers & Acquisitions team in our new building in the Perth CBD. We are a tight knit, busy and fast-growing team with a healthy pipeline of transactions.
You will have a unique opportunity to be part of a collaborative and supportive team of professionals, work on quality transactions and learn from experienced leaders who are invested in your career. Our diverse team of 10 comprises ex-strategy (MBA) professionals, and finance (CFA and CA) trained professionals, who have come together to create a unique and highly successful approach to M&A.
In the last year, our M&A team completed landmark deals valued at over $400 million, with significant growth expected in 2023. Our work is primarily with Australian, privately owned businesses in a wide range of industries, with a focus on helping entrepreneurial business owners crystalise intergenerational wealth through transactions to publicly listed, offshore and private equity acquirers. We also assist ASX listed groups with their acquisition strategy development and execution.
There are many benefits to joining our M&A team, including performance-based remuneration, merit-based (rather than time-based) promotions, plenty of social and networking opportunities with the team and clients, support for further education (including CA, CFA and MAF) and domestic & international travel opportunities to execute transactions.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Proven experience in a Strategy Consultancy, Financial Advisory or Mergers & Acquisitions
- To preferably have started or completed CA, CFA, MBA and/or MAF qualifications
- Be a fast learner who thrives in a fast-paced and unstructured work environment
- To demonstrate the ability to think strategically
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a desire to become an integral part of a dynamic, social and fast-growing team
- Have experience preparing high quality internal documents & presentations, demonstrating attention to detail and sophisticated business writing skills
- Have the ability to work independently and contribute insightful outputs for client engagements, which includes preparing sections of pitch documents, information memorandums and 3-way financial models, assisting with market appraisals/valuations and target lists, and undertaking industry and company specific research
- Be confident in interacting with clients and business executives in meetings, phone calls and via email with support from senior team members
What we will offer you
- Joining a team that is extremely supportive and genuinely cares for one another
- Professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term career development including Partner-led mentoring
- Competitive salary and flexible work options
- Commitment to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, including technical and non-technical training
- Mental health, wellbeing, and workplace giving programs
- An inclusive culture, where diversity is celebrated and where you will feel truly valued. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please email your resume to Dhyana.Ishibashi@bdo.com.au.
BDO is a strong supporter of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage female applicants, Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander, diverse cultural, LGBTI and applicants with disabilities to apply.