Investment Research Analyst - Join Stable's research team in NYC/London, focused on investment due diligence of potential alternative strategies, including hedge funds and private market strategies.
Based in either of Stable’s offices in New York or London – this role will be part of the research team focused on investment due diligence. We are looking for a dynamic, open-minded individual to join the team and to be a meaningful contributor to the success of the business and involved in a range of research functions within the role.
The position reports directly to the CIO. Stable offers work from home flexibility, but candidates should be fully or partially located in the New York or London areas.
Example responsibilities include:
- In depth Due Diligence analysis of potential alternative strategies, including public markets (hedge funds), hybrid strategies (e.g. royalties, reinsurance, financing (litigation, trade, factoring), and private capital strategies (growth, buyout, infrastructure, real assets, real estate, etc.)
- Proactive identification and evaluation of new investment opportunities through a continually nurtured network of contacts
- Due diligence to include in depth underwriting of strategy, portfolio construction, risk management, manager background, team, and organization, as well as reference checks
- Analysis of potential co-investments and direct investments
- Acting as an Operating Partner to support existing Stable manager relationships and encourage their success
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting of current investments by tracking underlying positions, risk reports, public filings and conducting frequent manager meetings
- Client and investor interactions whilst being a strong public voice for the firm at conferences and industry events
- Must have 3-10 years of experience in a research role evaluating alternative investment funds.
- Ideal experience and background as an allocator at an institution such as an endowment, foundation, pension plan, insurance company, SWF or a research professional from an alternative investment consultant, asset manager, or other institution
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and self-starter personality
- Experience underwriting public and private alternative asset managers across strategies including emerging and startup managers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform in-depth research on potential investment opportunities
- Exceptional writing and reporting skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize various tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong cultural fit with the firm – high performing, committed, passionate, and thoughtful person who has a long-term orientation and an unyielding focus on collaboration
- Must embody Stable’s core values of Grit, Ambition, Methodical execution, and Care in building relationships
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.