Investment Analyst, Socially Responsible Investing
Job Title: Analyst, Socially Responsible Investing and Investor Advocacy
Date: August 2022
The Analyst, Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) and Investor Advocacy is responsible for providing research, analysis, and implementation, particularly in the areas of socially responsible investments, proxy voting, shareholder resolutions, and related investor advocacy activities.
Socially Responsible Investing
- Assist manager of SRI in researching positive social investments (PSI) including social impact first (SIF) social impact first and social investment issues in general, including monitoring current SIF mandates Assist manager of SRI in the development and monitoring of the social criteria list (SCL) in consultation with the outside social criteria consultant, including assessing and evaluating tracking risk tolerance and monitoring screening activity in the social purpose mandates Attend ELCA Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) review team meetings with the manager of SRI and collaborate with ELCA CSR staff on ELCA screens, issue papers updates, and ELCA CSR prioritizations Support investment-related and SRI-focused communication materials Inform internal audiences of key investment changes such as manager, strategy, investment objective, target allocation, and other changes Monitor SRI industry developments and attend industry conferences as appropriate
Proxy Voting Activities
- Perform proxy voting activities on all U.S. equity holdings, including making voting decisions on ballots to align with internal proxy voting guidelines and policies Maintain the outside proxy voting vendor relationship Perform research to propose proxy voting guidelines updates and implement approved changes with proxy voting vendor
Shareholder Resolution Activities
- Draft filing letters and submit filings, including coordination of custodian letters Keep track of resolution statuses and voting results if applicable Prepare proxy voting results report for Portico’s Investment and Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (ICSRC
Other Investment Unit Activities
- Support analytical tools (e.g. eVestment and Caissa) Provide investment operations support (e.g., monthly asset transfers and cash flow reconciliations) Assist in performance reporting Understand and comply with Portico’s governance, risk, and compliance standards, including internal controls, regulatory compliance, and policy compliance
- Demonstrated self-learner with willingness to check in and provide updates Strong written and verbal communication skills Ability to understand and clearly communicate sometimes complex investment information to audiences with varying levels of investment knowledge by using investment statistics and financial data Excellent client service skills Ability to think critically and analytically Familiarity with or interest in socially responsible investing (SRI) and environmental, social, and governance factors (ESG) Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint Current CFA designation or willingness to pursue Knowledge of eVestment, Caissa, or similar tool helpful but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in investments, finance, economics, or related field
- 2 or more years of experience in securities industry, investment management, investment consulting, or related business
Email us to apply email@example.com
Include the name of the position, your cover letter, and your resume.
This document describes the position as it currently exists. It is not an employment contract. portico reserves the right to modify job duties or job description at any time.