Supervisor, Fund Admin
- Assist with overseeing relationships with key service providers including fund accounting, transfer agent, custodian, prime broker, printer, and independent auditors to assigned funds.
- Review accuracy and completeness of key deliverables prepared by the service providers and perform reviews on other periodic internal reporting
- Ensures fund reporting deliverables are met including regulatory reporting and filings.
- Perform reviews of periodic financial statements prepared by the service providers to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with GAAP.
- Work with service providers, internal team members, and other Calamos departments to resolve accounting, financial reporting, compliance, or other operational issues, as identified.
- Coordinate the review of fund expenses and ensure timely payment.
- Understanding of mutual-fund tax and compliance requirements a plus.
- Assists in ensuring internal controls are followed and processes sufficiently documented.
- Assist with training junior Fund Administration associates.
- Participates in special projects and performs related initiatives as assigned.
- Assist in preparation and procurement of fund board materials.
- Assist with leverage monitoring for closed end funds.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- 5- 8 years of fund administration or mutual fund experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with SEC registered fund tax returns and requirements.
- Fund accounting/admin experience with audit firm or third-party administration. General fund administration experience preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative in quickly mastering new technical areas.
- Must have excellent analytical, technical, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office